Maybe there is glimmer of hope for the USA after all.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Let's try again. The basis of the case was the bakery owner who refused to bake wedding cakes for a man she accused as being gay on the basis of her religious beliefs which was in violation of anti discrimination laws in her state

As it turns out the man she accused as being gay was the focal point of the bible thumpers trip to SCOTUS.

Well to the surprise of no one this man identified as 'Stewart" is a heterosexual man happily married to the same woman for 15 years. And to try to BS their way out of this the bible thumper group is claiming that the bakery owner doesn't do background checks on perspective customers.

Then how did she come to the conclusion that the man was gay?
FFS
No one cares
Including the court

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Let's try again. The basis of the case was the bakery owner who refused to bake wedding cakes for a man she accused as being gay on the basis of her religious beliefs which was in violation of anti discrimination laws in her state

As it turns out the man she accused as being gay was the focal point of the bible thumpers trip to SCOTUS.

Well to the surprise of no one this man identified as 'Stewart" is a heterosexual man happily married to the same woman for 15 years. And to try to BS their way out of this the bible thumper group is claiming that the bakery owner doesn't do background checks on perspective customers.

He lied

newolddude

It’s a fake “case”.

Someone show me when the left pushed through a fake case all the way to the Supreme Court where it got heard and a major changing decision was made.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It’s a fake “case”.

Someone show me when the left pushed through a fake case all the way to the Supreme Court where it got heard and a major changing decision was made.
Joseph Kennedy, the "praying football coach", in Bremerton, WA. is another example of a RIGHT WING fake case. In testimony before SCOTUS, and in "questioning" by Gorsuch, Kennedy maintained that his prayers were alone, in the locker room, and that his players weren't pressured to participate. In fact, Kennedy led on-field post-game prayers in which sometimes hundreds of people participated. This wasn't admitted as evidence, but the fake story about the "lonely" prayers was admitted.
The current court just makes it up as they go along in order to fulfill Christo-Fascist ideals.
Disgusting. Glory and Praise!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He targeted that bakery and was trying to get them shut down. It was never about whether he was gay or not but whether the bakery should be forced to make a custom cake that went against their religious beliefs. Anyone can buy anything else from that store.
I'm creating a bakery that won't allow any Christians as customers. No straight weddings, no Biblical verses, nothing that is Christian. i will, however, bake a cake for any other religion, for all LGBTQ people , and for anyone who doesn't identify as Christian. You must sign a statement before I'll do business with you. No military cakes or anything having to do with violence.
MY religion requires that you cannot be a Christian and enter my place of business because it s a sin before my God, Xtppplogh,
How would I do before the SCOTUS when I refuse to service to the Jesus crowd?
All hypothetical and meant to provoke thought on the First Amendment.

vantexan

Are you talking about the SCOTUS ruling on Thursday? Did that involve a bakery? That I believe was a female graphics designer who declined to create a website with homoerotic imagery the customer asked for to announce a gay wedding. Am I mistaken?

UnionStrong

Are you talking about the SCOTUS ruling on Thursday? Did that involve a bakery? That I believe was a female graphics designer who declined to create a website with homoerotic imagery the customer asked for to announce a gay wedding. Am I mistaken?
He’s trying to twist the truth as usual

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'm creating a bakery that won't allow any Christians as customers. No straight weddings, no Biblical verses, nothing that is Christian. i will, however, bake a cake for any other religion, for all LGBTQ people , and for anyone who doesn't identify as Christian. You must sign a statement before I'll do business with you. No military cakes or anything having to do with violence.
MY religion requires that you cannot be a Christian and enter my place of business because it s a sin before my God, Xtppplogh,
The pedos will be so happy they can finally get their own cake.

vantexan

So SCOTUS says one shouldn't be forced to use your skill set in a manner that violates your conscience and your response is to immediately discriminate against all Christians you might come in contact with? So in your view whatever it is you agree with must be agreed with by everyone else because your view is the only acceptable view?

UnionStrong

Knock yourself out. There aren’t enough queers to keep the doors open. You alienated 99% of your customers! You communists crack me up!🤣🤣🤣

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So SCOTUS says one shouldn't be forced to use your skill set in a manner that violates your conscience and your response is to immediately discriminate against all Christians you might come in contact with? So in your view whatever it is you agree with must be agreed with by everyone else because your view is the only acceptable view?
Yes. Kind of sounds like your world of Alternative Facts. Nope, I won't make a cake for you and your spouse.

bacha29

My religious beliefs don't allow me to serve Christians.
Or Friday fish eaters or left handed people or people with heterochromia, or Anabaptists or women with varicose veins, or men with an enlarged prostate and refuses to undergo a prostate exam when entering the store or Sheiks or women taking hormone replacement therapy or men who have had a vasectomy or women who have a bladder control problems or have had vaginal prolapse surgery or men and women who are not "saved" despite having never been in danger or any person who doesn't have the stars and bars nailed up along side their garage or anyone who hasn't given every cent they have to some bible thumping televangelist with a preacher's license and a GED.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Or Friday fish eaters or left handed people or people with heterochromia, or Anabaptists or women with varicose veins, or men with an enlarged prostate and refuses to undergo a prostate exam when entering the store or Sheiks or women taking hormone replacement therapy or men who have had a vasectomy or women who have a bladder control problems or have had vaginal prolapse surgery or men and women who are not "saved" despite having never been in danger or any person who doesn't have the stars and bars nailed up along side their garage or anyone who hasn't given every cent they have to some bible thumping televangelist with a preacher's license and a GED.
Or Branch Covidians who wear their religious face coverings and ritualistically apply hand sanitizer.

Or climate change death cult idiots living in fear of the ever changing date of the apocalypse.

Or transhumanists who refute biology and have faith that gender and sex are separate.

Or BLM Repentists who genuflect in penance for the "original sin" of slavery.

Or Collusion Delusion sufferers who think Putin is running our government.

Or BlueAnon conspiracy theorists who think our Presidents are selling nuclear codes to Arabs.

Now you're finally getting it Bacha!
Businesses can choose who their customers are. I'm glad you've finally wised up!

Thebrownblob

Well, thankfully, none of those people would ever ask you to do anything like make a cake glorifying things you disagreed with. No one would ever not serve any of those people something as simple as dinner. It’s quite a bit different than what we’re talking about here, but you know that you’re just being a typical ignorant trolling self.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

For you:

Minny-pie-The-Help.jpg

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And one for YOU!

Minny-pie-The-Help.jpg

Thebrownblob

Go home @bacha29 yout not a legal scholar or judge. Just a loud mouth.

“The revelation of a falsified request may not matter much in a strictly legal sense, said Jenny Pizer, the chief legal officer at Lambda Legal, a group that protects LGBTQ+ rights. The court has signaled recently that potential liability is enough to support a legal challenge, she said.”