Mechanic talk

wayfair

swollen member
I can't order DNR parts over and beyond the stock amount. The belts should last longer than 5 weeks when they aren't abused in that way.

I put the seat belt over the steering wheel all the time.

Same truck since 2009

only problem is sometimes is will get stuck on the turn signal cancel thingie on the back of the steering wheel... no biggie

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
D
2007 Emission diesel engines- DPF system
2010 Emission diesel engines-DPF with SCR/DEF
Medium and heavy duty diesels.

Clean out the EGR Differential pressure sensor ports before they plug up. Its alot easier to keep them clean then to clean out a complete blockage.

If you see soot in the tailpipe of a truck with a DPF, the filter is cracked. Replace the filter.
Does this apply to ISB 07 Cummins. How many miles does it take for that to develop?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Don't make any PSR's that are negative about keyless or suggest not doing Keyless in general. You will be branded as the Devil by Corporate and will receive negative feedback through your supervisor.

Gear

Parts on Order
D

Does this apply to ISB 07 Cummins. How many miles does it take for that to develop?

Yes. O7 stands for 07 emissions which is the DPF system. Im not sure of a mileage, depends on the vehicle's route. Trucks that are stop and go, like in the city would plug up faster then a truck running long distances between stops. I clean mine every PMI. When they plug up you get the active code for EGR Diff pressure sensor, I think its a 411 code and normally an FMI 7.

If you see soot in the tailpipe it usually means the filter is cracked. It could run like this for a long time or shutdown. A simple crack could just allow soot to pass by, no big deal. Or the crack can continue to to get bigger eventually causing the filter to collapse causing low power or shutdown from exhaust restriction. Ive also pulled filters out and found no cracks or visible damage but had soot in the tailpipe. This usually means the soot is passing between the filter and metal casing. In any case there shouldn't be any soot at the tailpipe.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I need to start tracking the dates that "No Brown Down" comes out. Seems to be a week earlier every time. Next time it will be Labor Day.

I need to start tracking the dates that "No Brown Down" comes out. Seems to be a week earlier every time. Next time it will be Labor Day.
How about when the seasonal package car mechanic jobs are posted? My state is one serious illness away from a disaster. Unless a businesses development person or a HR person can do an engine replacement overnight in time for the next days preload during Peak.

Last edited:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
How about when the seasonal package car mechanic jobs are posted? My state is one serious illness away from a disaster. Unless a businesses development person or a HR person can do an engine replacement overnight in time for the next days preload during Peak.
Never heard of such a thing. We don't get help just because it's peak season. We only get cut-rate incompetent help when the company is too cheap to pay us the OT to get it done.