Media Bias

wkmac

Bravo Road, Bravo. Nice job!

I find it telling that in the Bush years when Seymour Hersh for example wrote over 2 dozen stories for the New Yorker exposing the Bush regimes war goings-on and the neo-con cabal in the Pentagon, the anti Bush or let's just say partiarchy democrats proclaimed Hersh from on high as the bringer of truth and now he is claiming issues within the Obama administration, he's a liar and the worst of the worst. Back in them days, it was republicans who were using your current arguments to discredit Hersh.

Hersh may be sloppy, may be a liar, all those things may well in fact be true but picking and choosing when he is and isn't seems problematic to me. And one other thing, you are correct that trusting RT alone is a mistake but then I'd say the same of any media outlet, mainstream or alternative. One should consider, measure and determine the message rather than taking the fallacy of attacking the messenger. It's fun to pick on the mainstream media and some of that is deserved but even they at times can have truth and that goes for Fox as well as CNN, MSNBC, etc.

That said, decrying the means of how the message is relayed, in this case by RT, is not an argument to prove Hersh's claims false nor to point in times past where he is wrong. Being wrong may force the listener to expert a higher level of proof and got no problem there but being wrong in the past doesn't mark one wrong for all time. If being wrong in the past meant any future claims are also wrong, we all might as well pick up our marbles, go home and never come out of the house again.

If the means of delivering the message is the crime, then James Kirchick should be suspect as a contributor to neo-con central in Bill Kristol's The Weekly Standard. Or is Kirchick just echoing the political Zionist narrative on Iran in Commentary (legacy of Norman Podhoretz and the Neo-Con ideal) and Hersh is evil for roadblocking that cause? Surely a jewish publication has no agendas when it comes to Iran.

If we are going to question agendas, this becomes fair game. Wonder what we'd find if we started asking who Joe Pompeo is? I noticed he used a number of fallacies but does he have an agenda of keeping the old cold war alive not unlike the neo-con agenda? Gee Road, you seem to be using a lot of neo-con sources or suggestions of closely linked sources these days. I guess like Obama, you've become neo-con too? I mean if we're going to roll in the fallacy gutter!

Whether Hersh is right or wrong, time will tell, but if you are going to argue his claims, you need to address those points specifically and stop moving the goalposts. The cries for complete transparency means everything is out on the table in full view of everyone and then let exposure to light prove a matter true or false. Funny how people claim they want full transparency but only do so when it involves the other guy!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Piers won't be missed....

Via FTV:
Sources tell FTVLive that CNN Boss Jeff Zucker is “actively looking for a replacement for Piers Morgan.”

Morgan signed a one year extension to his contract and as time winds down, Zucker is looking for someone to takeover his time slot.

Word is that Zucker really wants Katie Couric in that slot. Couric should be available soon as many expect this is the last year her talk show “Katie” will be on the air.

But, CNN sources tell FTVLive that Zucker is not putting all his eggs in the Couric basket. “He’s looking at other people besides Katie,” says our source.
Zucker might have learned a lesson when he planned on putting Erin Burnett on CNN’s new morning show. It blew up in his face, when Burnett balked at going to mornings.

island1fox

Why are we posting on Browncafe ??

According to the Liberal Media --the world has ended--caused by the Republican caused shutdown !!

The lousy U.S. economy as well as the Global economy have nothing to do with debt and welfare --it is the Bush --I meant the Republicans.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why are we posting on Browncafe ??

According to the Liberal Media --the world has ended--caused by the Republican caused shutdown !!

The lousy U.S. economy as well as the Global economy have nothing to do with debt and welfare --it is the Bush --I meant the Republicans.

The blame lays upon YOU and your buddies on this site for supporting the morons in congress who call themselves The Tea Party.

YOU are the laughing stock of the world today. Leader and leader have slammed the republicans for this foolish action that is affecting the world markets.

"foolish political gesturing" is the consistent remarks made by foreign leaders about the republicans.

YOU on the other hand, think you are "winning" this fight. Good luck with that, oh wait, back in 2012, you thought you were winning the election as well.... LOLOLOLOLOL

Keep listening to limbaugh, I am sure he will convince you that you are on the winning side.....LOL

3 hours of brainwashing then you run to the computer to repeat what he tells you...

You got it all figured out Island.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
NY Mag Writer Mocks WWII Veterans Barred From D.C. Memorial…

I have more respect for a two day old pile of dog ***** than I do this jackass.

Via Breitbart:
New York Magazine writer Jonathan Chait spent his government shutdown day mocking WWII veterans who were shut out by the National Park Service (NPS) when they came to visit the National WWII Memorial in Washington, D.C.

On Tuesday morning, Representative Michelle Bachman (R-MN) and several Republican members of Congress helped tear down the barricades shutting the elderly veterans out of the WWII memorial. After the barricades were removed, dozens of veterans flooded in to conduct their often emotional visits.

But, thinking he was being funny, Chait took to Twitter to poke fun at the veterans, joking that the NPS should barricade the memorial with old Nazi soldiers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just a tad delusional.
Via Washington Examiner:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid thinks Democrats are treated unfairly by the traditional media as the government shutdown fight continues.

“You and other journalists have a real shortcoming in that you are trying so hard to be fair that you are unfair,” Reid said in an interview published Monday in Politico.
“Democrats have had almost nothing to do with the problems here. It’s all Republicans,” Reid said.

The Nevada Democrat also confirmed that he would be running for re-election in 2016.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Ailes-truth.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Update to this story.
Via NYDN:
Nielsen has conducted an investigation into the ratings for Megyn Kelly’s new Fox News Channel show, “The Kelly File,” following grousing by MSNBC chief Phil Griffin.
The investigation has revealed that the numbers for Kelly are accurate.

Last Tuesday, the day after its debut, “The Kelly File” doubled its audience, crushing “The Rachel Maddow Show,” its MSNBC competition.
Griffin called for a probe, dubbing the ratings feat “impossible.”

Nielsen executives declined to comment.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Haven't you ever heard of "college educated dummies" ? My brother is one. No common sense or street sense. The dumbing is numbing !