movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched The Imagination Game......good movie. Things and people in the war I didn't know about. The enigma machine was brought to Rick at Gold & Silver Pawn Shop on one of the episodes and Rick (super-nerd) told a little of the story.
This movie definitely fills in the blanks .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched "The Gambler" last night.
It was OK. The movie stars Mark Wahlberg, but I liked John Goodman's role. He's one of the money lenders in the movie.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched 'The Cobbler' with Adam Sandler. I am usually not a fan of Adam Sandler and to this point I've only liked one of his movies.....Spanglish.
The Cobbler is the newest exception....it was pretty good. It's a premise that seems original and the story was solid. Steve Buscemi and Dustin Hoffman are also in it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Watched 'The Cobbler' with Adam Sandler. I am usually not a fan of Adam Sandler and to this point I've only liked one of his movies.....Spanglish.
The Cobbler is the newest exception....it was pretty good. It's a premise that seems original and the story was solid. Steve Buscemi and Dustin Hoffman are also in it.

The Cobbler was a strange movie. I am not much of a Sandler fan but he toned down his silliness for this movie. The premise was original but midway through the ending was predictable. I wouldn't pay money to see this movie but worth watching if you can see it for free.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just finished watching Lucy. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. ScarJo is the star of it. Morgan Freeman is in it too. I'd give it a 5 out of 10.......it was entertaining enough.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
We just finished watching Lucy. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. ScarJo is the star of it. Morgan Freeman is in it too. I'd give it a 5 out of 10.......it was entertaining enough.
It was just ok your right. Once again 1 of them movies that had great audio and video. Enjoyed that part of it in the JUMPLEX THEATER lol. I already got American Sniper ordered on Amazon, its being released on Bluray on Tuesday n I should have it on Tuesday. I ordered Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes also on bluray, it was only 14.99 so it was cheap so I got it to add to my collection lol. I boxed up a whole bunch of my cds that were in my dvd rack, who would have ever thought cds would die and you could listen to all your music on an mp3 player or phone lol. Crazy about technology nowadays.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I want to do see the new Mad Max movie, got pretty good reviews. The new Avengers movie was good. Definitely a future bluray purchase also n should have the new Dolby Atmos codec on it too.

rod

Retired 22 years
It was just ok your right. Once again 1 of them movies that had great audio and video. Enjoyed that part of it in the JUMPLEX THEATER lol. I already got American Sniper ordered on Amazon, its being released on Bluray on Tuesday n I should have it on Tuesday. I ordered Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes also on bluray, it was only 14.99 so it was cheap so I got it to add to my collection lol. I boxed up a whole bunch of my cds that were in my dvd rack, who would have ever thought cds would die and you could listen to all your music on an mp3 player or phone lol. Crazy about technology nowadays.

I'm still trying to get my 8 tracks organized

rod

Retired 22 years
I still don't get why someone would spend 15 or 20 bucks to buy a movie you will probably only watch a coupe times in your life. I hope you don't think they will be worth anything in the future. Go to any pawn shop and you can buy most any movie ever made for a buck or two.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I still don't get why someone would spend 15 or 20 bucks to buy a movie you will probably only watch a coupe times in your life. I hope you don't think they will be worth anything in the future. Go to any pawn shop and you can buy most any movie ever made for a buck or two.
Everybody has their thing ya know dude. I don't normally buy new releases unless I really want them and really like the movie. Most of the blurays I buy off amazon are used, dirt cheap couple bux or so. Just cool to be able to watch any movie you want whenever you want. Its a little different in my case, cause I literally have a movie theater in my house lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
Everybody has their thing ya know dude. I don't normally buy new releases unless I really want them and really like the movie. Most of the blurays I buy off amazon are used, dirt cheap couple bux or so. Just cool to be able to watch any movie you want whenever you want. Its a little different in my case, cause I literally have a movie theater in my house lol.

So do you have like 4 or five absolute favorites that you watch over and over or does most of your collection collect dust? I'm not trying to be a smart a.. ----just curious. My Son-in-law has every Disney movie ever released (they aren't cheap) and all they do is collect dust because his kids aren't into Disney and he never watches them.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
So do you have like 4 or five absolute favorites that you watch over and over or does most of your collection collect dust? I'm not trying to be a smart a.. ----just curious. My Son-in-law has every Disney movie ever released (they aren't cheap) and all they do is collect dust because his kids aren't into Disney and he never watches them.
Ill switch it around and watch 1 here 1 there sometimes. Sometimes my buddies will borrow a couple at a time or my father in law will come over and borrow a couple at a time sometimes. Its just a collection thing like women and their purses or a guy and his cars or tools or what have ya. Everybody has their quirky things going on, its all good dude lol.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I want to do see the new Mad Max movie, got pretty good reviews. The new Avengers movie was good. Definitely a future bluray purchase also n should have the new Dolby Atmos codec on it too.
Just got back from Avengers, great flick. Plan to check out Mad max next weekend.

oldngray

nowhere special

I agree. Lucy was OK but nothing special. The plot was predictable but the movie still seemed unfocused.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I liked the ape movie.

oldngray

nowhere special
I liked the ape movie.

was tony in it?
1940.jpg