movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched "You Are Here" last night.....starring Zach G. and Owen W. It was only ok.

"Two childhood best friends, one a superficial womanizer and the other a barely functioning bipolar, embark on a road trip back to their hometown after one of them learns his estranged father has died."

I think it got a rating of 5.3 out of 10. It was better than what was on regular TV last night.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched "Bad Words" last night. It stars and is directed by Jason Bateman.

"An adult, who has been a school dropout, finds a loophole in the regulations and participates in the largest spelling bee in the USA, The Golden Quill. His aim is to take revenge for something done to him in the past."

The review I read gave it a 7.3 out of 10.......I wouldn't be that generous...maybe a 6.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched 'Insidious 2' last night.......took off where 'Insidious 1' left off. It was a lttle confusing at first and then I remembered what occurred in the first one.

"The haunted Lambert family seeks to uncover the mysterious childhood secret that has left them dangerously connected to the spirit world." (IMDB)

I'd give it a 6 out of 10. I plan on seeing #3 when it comes to Red Box.

oldngray

nowhere special
Just finished watching 'Taken 3'. Anytime you can watch Liam for 109 minutes.....it's a good thing!

I'm not a big fan of Liam but the Taken series are pretty good movies. I think Liam didn't like them much but just did it for the $$$$. All of the violence goes against his supposed anti gun philosophy.

oldngray

nowhere special
I want to do see the new Mad Max movie, got pretty good reviews. The new Avengers movie was good. Definitely a future bluray purchase also n should have the new Dolby Atmos codec on it too.

I saw the new Mad Max movie. A lot of action but almost no plot. I was disappointed and expected something better. Definitely the worst movie in the series. You would probably enjoy watching it in your jumplex aided by some recreational medicine though.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I saw the new Mad Max movie. A lot of action but almost no plot. I was disappointed and expected something better. Definitely the worst movie in the series. You would probably enjoy watching it in your jumplex aided by some recreational medicine though.
I saw it at the theater and agree with you. Great audio on it though. It wasn't too bad but would like to check it out on Bluray in the JUMPLEX THEATER no doubt lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I saw American Sniper last night. I wonder how much of it was true?
American Sniper was great dude. I bought it on Bluray day of release, that was a given. Its 1 of the newest movies with the new Dolby Atmos audio track, the new sound format codec. Going to be set up in the JUMPLEX THEATER soon for Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. I know what the hell is JUMP talking about? LOL. My room is seriously hooked up and that's my thing so its all good. Thoroughly enjoy relaxing in my theater room watching a flick, cool stuff like being in a movie theater lol.

Overpaid Union Thug

I took the kids to see Terminator Genysis and was very disappointed. Talk about thrown together. It barely made sense and anyone with any knowledge of how time travel and the resulting timelines would work (theoretically) can easily pick this movie apart. They should have just continued from the last movie. It was bad but at least it flowed from the one before it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I took the kids to see Terminator Genysis and was very disappointed. Talk about thrown together. It barely made sense and anyone with any knowledge of how time travel and the resulting timelines would work (theoretically) can easily pick this movie apart. They should have just continued from the last movie. It was bad but at least it flowed from the one before it.
I read it got bad reviews, not wasting time or money on that 1 lol.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Finally got around to seeing American Sniper (July 4th seemed like a good day for it). I'm sure some of it was BS but so what, it wasn't a documentary. I thought Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller were both outstanding. Great flick.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Finally got around to seeing American Sniper (July 4th seemed like a good day for it). I'm sure some of it was BS but so what, it wasn't a documentary. I thought Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller were both outstanding. Great flick.
Outstanding Flick no doubt

Overpaid Union Thug

I always ignore the reviews. Especially nowadays when special effects and certain political undertones are more of a factor for the reputable reviewers than a stort/plot with actual substance.

We just finished "McFarland USA" and I must say I liked it much much much better than any Terminator movie or any other blockbuster with expensive special effects.

rod

Retired 22 years
I always ignore the reviews. Especially nowadays when special effects and certain political undertones are more of a factor for the reputable reviewers than a stort/plot with actual substance.

We just finished "McFarland USA" and I must say I liked it much much much better than any Terminator movie or any other blockbuster with expensive special effects.

McFarland USA was one of the best shows I have seen in a long time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We rented the movie "Maggie". Hubby wanted to rent it because all he knew was that it was about zombies (he's a big fan of TWD.

I read the entire review and knew right away that he wouldn't like it very much....but I said go ahead, rent it.

True, the movie was about diseased people who turn on the living to feed, but it was the sappy side of things. Arnold S. was faced with his daughter being one of the diseased and how to handle it.

It was OK and hubby feels cheated by no zombie action.

oldngray

nowhere special
We rented the movie "Maggie". Hubby wanted to rent it because all he knew was that it was about zombies (he's a big fan of TWD.

I read the entire review and knew right away that he wouldn't like it very much....but I said go ahead, rent it.

True, the movie was about diseased people who turn on the living to feed, but it was the sappy side of things. Arnold S. was faced with his daughter being one of the diseased and how to handle it.

It was OK and hubby feels cheated by no zombie action.

That movie sucked. A whole lot of not much happening to people you have difficulty caring about. Arnold looked really old too. He seemed like he was sleepwalking through his role too. Maybe he really needed the money.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just watched 'Kingsman The Secret Service'. I liked it.

"A spy organization recruits an unrefined, but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program, just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius."

It was action and comedy....with Samuel L. as a lisping villain!