movie review

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I just watched 'Kingsman The Secret Service'. I liked it.

"A spy organization recruits an unrefined, but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program, just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius."

It was action and comedy....with Samuel L. as a lisping villain!
Very good movie I thought. Good little mix of action and comedy, nice happy medium on both

wayfair

swollen member
I just watched 'Kingsman The Secret Service'. I liked it. "A spy organization recruits an unrefined, but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program, just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius." It was action and comedy....with Samuel L. as a lisping villain!
I just watched 'Kingsman The Secret Service'. I liked it. "A spy organization recruits an unrefined, but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program, just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius." It was action and comedy....with Samuel L. as a lisping villain!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
We finally saw the new Avengers movie and had a blast. My son is a bit of a film snob and he even thought it was fun. A great popcorn cruncher.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched "The Loft" last night. I was intrigued by the premise and pictured it to be like Fatal Attraction.....at least along those lines.

"Five married guys conspire to secretly share a penthouse loft in the city--a place where they can carry out hidden affairs and indulge in their deepest fantasies. But the fantasy becomes a nightmare when they discover the dead body of an unknown woman in the loft, and they realize one of the group must be involved."

I was doing OK 3/4 through the movie, but then it took some twists and turns and left this viewer behind with ???. I was not alone in being lost.

I really don't like it when people are cast that kind of look alike and they confuse you. I found myself askng...."Now, is he the guy that was seeing the blonde in SanDiego?? Confusing.
If you are going to watch it, pay attention and keep the people separate.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched Kalifornia (1993). I don't know how I've never heard of this movie.

"A journalist duo go on a tour of serial killer murder sites with two companions, unaware that one of them is a serial killer himself." (from IMDb)

It was an OK entertaining flick.

I like Brad Pitt, but he's pretty nasty in this one. Love Juliette Lewis.....no one plays a simpleton like her!!
I enjoyed it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Another remake?
They always remaking something I totally agree, Hollywood running out of ideas huh? lol Looks like it could be 1 of those flicks that could be kust ok acting but the Audio n Video side could be excellent. Im the audio-video guru so with that being said I can get by just ok acting as long as theres a lot of action and a superb audio n video presentation lol.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
They always remaking something I totally agree, Hollywood running out of ideas huh? lol Looks like it could be 1 of those flicks that could be kust ok acting but the Audio n Video side could be excellent. Im the audio-video guru so with that being said I can get by just ok acting as long as theres a lot of action and a superb audio n video presentation lol.
Swayze rolls in his grave.

oldngray

nowhere special
Hollywood is so out of ideas they are now remaking movies that weren't even that good the first time. And why do we need a 3rd or 4th remake of some movies?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched "The Angriest Man in Brooklyn"

A perpetually angry man is informed he has 90 minutes to live and promptly sets out to reconcile with his family and friends in the short time he has left.
It was OK. I think this was Robin Williams last movie.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Just watched "The Angriest Man in Brooklyn"

A perpetually angry man is informed he has 90 minutes to live and promptly sets out to reconcile with his family and friends in the short time he has left.
It was OK. I think this was Robin Williams last movie.
A biography on TOS?

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched Good Kill with Ethan Hawke.

"A family man begins to question the ethics of his job as a drone pilot."

They gave it a 6.3.......if the scale is 10, I would agree with that.