movie review

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Watched "Body of Lies" last night. As action/thrillers go it was pretty decent, fast moving, plenty of action, and Dicaprio and Crowe are both good actors. But it was also completely implausible. Total suspension of disbelief is key to enjoying this one.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Had the granddaughters for the weekend.....we watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua and Hotel For Dogs. The chihuahua movie was cute, the other one, not so much.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Over, I should have taken your advice and saved the $7 by not going to the Museum movie. The only highlight (for me) was the actress who played Amelia Earhart--very attractive.

I am looking forward to seeing The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, with Denzel and Travolta. It is a remake of the movie from the 70's and looks really good.

Is it just me or do some of rate movies according to the previews either "Must See at the Theater" or "I'll Wait For the DVD"?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I rate them as such, Upstate. I had a choice to go see Star Trek or Angels and Demons. I chose Angels. I can wait for Star Trek to come out on dvd.

BTW, loved Angels and Demons. Would love to go see it again.

DS

Fenderbender
I know this is old,but North Korea is pooing in the sanbox again,and just in case any of you have not seen "Team America,world police" I had to re-post this rittle gem.Kim Jong Il at his best.
WARNING the friend word is used at the beginning...the rest of it is rovery.
crick here

So Ronery

Overpaid Union Thug

I saw Terminator Salvation. It was pretty good. It sticks to the original story (unlike Star Trek) and even has a special appearance from ole Arnold (CG of course) and that was pretty cool. I want riddle this with spoilers but I will say that there is a "good terminator" as usual. I was nervous that he (it) would involve a new story line like what happened in Star Trek but that wasn't the case. I recommend the movie for anyone that liked any of the previous Terminator movies.

UPSNewbie

I saw Terminator Salvation. It was pretty good. It sticks to the original story (unlike Star Trek) and even has a special appearance from ole Arnold (CG of course) and that was pretty cool. I want riddle this with spoilers but I will say that there is a "good terminator" as usual. I was nervous that he (it) would involve a new story line like what happened in Star Trek but that wasn't the case. I recommend the movie for anyone that liked any of the previous Terminator movies.

I thought it was OK. I didn't really like Danny Elfman's music. I was hoping Bear McCreary would be doing it. (He did Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles, the TV show. Some may recognize his name from doing the 2003-2009 Battlestar Galactica.)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Freaked out !! I went to bed and was channel surfing. I pushed for channel 4 (NBC) and they happened to be showing the ads for "Drag Me to Hell"..

Just as channel 4 came on it showed a person in bed turning over to see that scary face beside him/her (i didn't notice the gender).. That spooky face gave me the chills and I felt like a little kid in the dark !! :sad-little:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Upstate,

I usually seek out the scary movies, but that 'trailer' totally took me by surprise in a dark room. I usually pick my surroundings when seeing spook stuff. I will definitely rent it when it gets done at the theaters.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate,

I usually seek out the scary movies, but that 'trailer' totally took me by surprise in a dark room. I usually pick my surroundings when seeing spook stuff. I will definitely rent it when it gets done at the theaters.

Keep the popcorn and adult beverage on the table as you may end up cleaning them up if you try to hold them.

UPSNewbie

Titanic was good.

attachment.php

Totally kidding about the "Titanic" and "good" being in the same sentence. Just needed a segue to use this picture.
titanicfart.jpg