my husband was given shaft at 30 days

UPSGUY72

well he kinda was. I will bet his checks said ups on them.

He was/is a at will employee until he makes his 30 days. At this point we or he doesn't know what he is as he can't pick up the phone and make a phone call to find out. Apparently they haven't asked him to turn in is uniform yet.

BrownArmy

On a side note, a co-worker and I were talking about this the other day...

In my center, we've got about thirty 'casuals' working, some of whom are being trained by drivers.

Either:

The company is losing it's mind about last Christmas and they're putting all hands on deck...

Or:

This unicorn '8 PM' curfew is being enforced by a bunch of casuals UPS doesn't intend to hire at all...

There is no way, in any shape or fashion, that my center will hire all thirty of these guys; even if half of them don't 'qualify', I'm not sure they'll hire the other half that does 'qualify'.

UPS playing games?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
On a side note, a co-worker and I were talking about this the other day...

In my center, we've got about thirty 'casuals' working, some of whom are being trained by drivers.

Either:

The company is losing it's mind about last Christmas and they're putting all hands on deck...

Or:

This unicorn '8 PM' curfew is being enforced by a bunch of casuals UPS doesn't intend to hire at all...

There is no way, in any shape or fashion, that my center will hire all thirty of these guys; even if half of them don't 'qualify', I'm not sure they'll hire the other half that does 'qualify'.

UPS playing games?
There are rumors all over the place that something big is coming. I have heard it from HR center manager sups drivers ect. No one knows what or if they do they are not saying.

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
No it's not whether your 21 or 50 your should be getting the same number of stops on the same route. It's not I'm 50 so I should have less stops.....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure somewhere in the master contract that it states the company has to take age into account with job placement.

Brownslave688

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure somewhere in the master contract that it states the company has to take age into account with job placement.
yep. an emolyees age will be taken into account for performance standards. Or something like that

Brownslave688

For people that worked their whole career at UPS.
Not new hires,who are not in the union!
Only an off the street would not be in the union. I have heard of a few cases where the company DQ for nothing other than performance and the union saying nope we do not recognize performance standards.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Better pick up the pace....slacker :censored2:.
Dont ruin christmas again!
gravy baby.png

purplesky

There's this little thing called age discrimination...in fact our contract states "age and physical condition will be..
"

I was actually looking at it from her husbands quality of life perspective. If her dude is already on the older side of 30(close to 40) than bedroom performance will suffer if he is riding around in a package car 12 hours a day delivering packages.

We have had several feeder drivers recently limp back into feeders after giving package car the old college try.
These guys aren't even that old but they are over weight and out of shape. They couldn't handle package car even though their wives made them try it. :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

Brownslave688

I was actually looking at it from her husbands quality of life perspective. If her dude is already on the older side of 30(close to 40) than bedroom performance will suffer if he is riding around in a package car 12 hours a day delivering packages.

We have had several feeder drivers recently limp back into feeders after giving package car the old college try.
These guys aren't even that old but they are over weight and out of shape. They couldn't handle package car even though their wives made them try it. :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:
It just takes time to adjust. I've ran mostly rural routes for the last 5+ years. When I did a heavy in town route it was 1 day a week maybe 2.

Last two weeks straight have been heavy industrial routes. I'm hurting its kicking my ass but I will get thru it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It just takes time to adjust. I've ran mostly rural routes for the last 5+ years. When I did a heavy in town route it was 1 day a week maybe 2.

Last two weeks straight have been heavy industrial routes. I'm hurting its kicking my ass but I will get thru it.
:censored2: that bulk dude, im all about ass time in the seat in the country lol.

purplesky

I know. I am just kidding around. UPS has always messed with casuals in the 30 day game.