My, oh my!

Nimnim

The Nim
I'm slowly working my way into the changes, it was needed and I accept that. The only real hard part for me other than everything marked new til early October, is the layout. There just isn't the kinda separation I'm used to that helped make it easier to navigate. I haven't looked into the settings on my end though so there might be something to help that out.

oldngray

nowhere special
I want the NCC 1701A back!
ncc-1701-a.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To disable the alerts simply click on "alerts" and then click on "alert preferences", which will be in the lower right hand corner of the box. You can choose to disable all alerts, keep them all or select which ones to keep/delete.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can get to the last page of a thread by placing your cursor over the thread title, looking to the lower right and then clicking on the page number that you want to go to. When you get to that page you can click on "Go to First Unread" to get to the first unread post.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
It really isn't. New posts since your last visit can be read by clicking on the "new posts" tab. It will even show the number of new posts that you may have missed. To mark a forum as read simply click on the "Mark Forums Read" tab. It is easier to quote single posts with the new version; however, I have yet to figure out how to quote multiple posts. The tool bar above where you type your reply is very easy to use. Pos/neg rep appear to have been deleted/replaced by the like button. Dislike has been replaced by disagree. The new version is much less smart phone friendly. The alerts tab and emoticons are annoying---I am going to try to figure out how to disable them.

It is much easier to upload a file or imbed a link with the new version.

Like Ovah said, way too much drama over what are relatively minor changes.

Just hit reply on each the posts that you want to include.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Every thread I click on "go to first unread post" takes me to the 1st of October.
I'm not sure I can tolerate that much hunting, which is sad, because I really liked being here.
Someone please let me know if things go back to "normal".
Mark All Forums read and then it works as designed.

upschuck

Is there a way so that when you hit "New Posts" button that it automatically goes to the first unread post instead of the last post in thread?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is there a way so that when you hit "New Posts" button that it automatically goes to the first unread post instead of the last post in thread?

Yes. When you hit the "New Posts" tab it will show you all of the threads that have new posts. Click on the one that you want to read. When the thread opens place your cursor over the thread title---to the right it will show you the last page number. Click on that and then click on last unread. This will bring you right to the last unread post in that thread.

....or you can just click on the blue ball by the thread title....

upschuck

Yes. When you hit the "New Posts" tab it will show you all of the threads that have new posts. Click on the one that you want to read. When the thread opens place your cursor over the thread title---to the right it will show you the last page number. Click on that and then click on last unread. This will bring you right to the last unread post in that thread.

Or I could just do what Cheryl said and hit the little blue button next to the post.