Necro's old things

S

serenity now

Here is another item that the younger generation will not remember.
Floorboard mounted dimmer switch.
213146994834446910_zBCygH7h_c.jpg

now let's go way back...

1930-1939-ford-trucks-38.jpg

clutch and brake with the round pads, all metal accelerator that pivots from the firewall mount, that next button to the right is.... wait for it.... the foot controlled starter switch
1930-1939-ford-trucks-38.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Funny, I just heard "Blue Velvet" yesterday.
Bobby Vinton was big at the time !!!

Plus we had a slew of Phillie boys trying to make it big too!

"During the 50's and 60's Philadelphia music exploded and it was heard around the world. Philly singers set the standards that others would follow. A partial list of Philly's contributors to the music of the era:The Dovells (Bristol Stomp), Bill Haley and the Comets (Rock Around the Clock), Danny and the Juniors (At the Hop), Chubby Checker (The Twist), Lee Andrews and the Hearts (Long Lonely Nights), Patti Labelle and the Bluebelles (I Sold My Heart to the Junkman), Frankie Avalon (Venus), Bobby Rydell (Wild One), Fabian (Turn Me Loose), Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes (If You Don't Know Me by Now), The Orlons (South Street) and James Darren (Goodbye Cruel World)."

moreluck

golden ticket member
The House of the Rising Sun was playing all the time at the darkened clubs like the Fifth Quarter at the Kent State Campus.......

Those were the days.

Necropostophiliac

Gerber baby Ann Turner Cook, now 85.

Ann's smiling face still graces the advertising campaign.
She got her modeling start in 1927, when family friend and artist Dorothy Hope Smith asked her mother if she could
use Ann as a model.

Just like this year's search winner, Ann's image was entered into, and won, a nationwide contest.
She became the first Gerber baby in 1928; in 1931, the portrait was trademarked, and she's been the face
of every Gerber product ever since.
tdy-121106-MaryJaneGerber-combo_vembedlarge456.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby did.........for 2 years.

Everyone from around Akron, Hudson & Cuyahoga Falls went there on the weekends for 3.2 beer and dancing.

My classmate from St. Mary's was standing next to one of the students who was killed there