New DOT Regulations

Well, it certainly proves that your runner gunners will do and say anything to justify breaking the law.

And gosh forbid they fatigue and crash or really friend-up and bring down some UPS rules on all the rest of us to make sure we all comply. As long as they get home early to play xbox or whatever it's ok by me.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We had a driver yesterday not take his 30 minute break. He was given a working discharge this morning. He is currently working under two other working discharges as well. I'm starting to think he doesn't like this job very much.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Peak is going to be EPIC this year!! instead of waiting until the end of day to take my lunch I will take it from 1200-1300. At 2100 I must take another 30 minute break so i will drop my helper off right at 2100,take the 30 minute break from 2100-2130 and head in. We have a 815 start so I will be off by 2205-2210. This will stop the danger of delivering so late at night. I truly view this as a gift

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We had a driver yesterday not take his 30 minute break. He was given a working discharge this morning. He is currently working under two other working discharges as well. I'm starting to think he doesn't like this job very much.

If they're nailing them in HARPA, it won't be long before someone up here gets a hit. I guess I'll have to stop by for a visit.:devil3:

Buck Fifty

My center manager pulled me aside this morning and ask if we could discuss the fact that we have drivers that are not understanding the new law. I said, even after the daily PCM's and the countless messages thru the day. He said, yes. I told him to line em up outside his office door and I'll be ready in 15 minutes ( at my start time ). I wonder how long these drivers will get away with playing the ( I didn't now ) card. Can't do nothing about stupid !

​It should be some of the easiest money I make in the coming months.

DougHeffernan

Our center is having us log into and take Computer Based Training on hours of service. Which covers not
working over 14 hours, not working over 60 hours a week, having 10 hours off between shifts and taking 30 consecutive mins before our 8th hour...and guys are still not taking lunch or if they do put a lunch in they're just working through it.
Anybody else taking this training?
I agree with the other poster. It's just to cover ups liabilities.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My center manager pulled me aside this morning and ask if we could discuss the fact that we have drivers that are not understanding the new law. I said, even after the daily PCM's and the countless messages thru the day. He said, yes. I told him to line em up outside his office door and I'll be ready in 15 minutes ( at my start time ). I wonder how long these drivers will get away with playing the ( I didn't now ) card. Can't do nothing about stupid !

​It should be some of the easiest money I make in the coming months.

they will be the first ones crying when they get a warning letter or a fine. W

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
100 air miles .. my god people, before you keep making garbage up call your local dot enforcement division.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The 100 air miles exception only has to do with record keeping requirements. HOS remain the same.

i spent close to a hour digging thru bureaucratic phone nonsense until i spoke to a dot enforcement officer specializing in the newest regulations,, he said 100 air miles w/log book, also he said everything i told him about fines and enforcement were null regarding a pc driver on the federal level .. who would know better than him.. i HIGHLY suggest you call your local dot enforcement division for the law,, dont go on hearsay

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I talked to a fmcsa officer who lives on my route. he says they do not usually pull us over, and how would they track it anyhoo. He says he doesnt know why ups is using it on us. I said it includes us. Obviously he doesnt know his rules I guess.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Made a visit to catch up on gossip, and one of the runners got a warning letter last week for not taking his 30 minutes.

Be careful out there.