New Guy is Averaging 4 stops.... per hour.... Yeah.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A whopping total of 80 stops? I'd take that any day. Our center consistently sends out routes with over 200 stops now all year long.

At one time, I had a route that did a "whopping" 80 stops.

Of course, each stop was either shipping or receiving an average of 15+ pieces. Most of them were machine shops in industrial parks. I was handling well over 1000 pieces per day, with an average weight per piece of at least 20 lbs. Do the math, thats 10 tons of pig iron per day that I was muscling in and out of an old P-1000 with a high step and no power steering. I used to envy the guys with 200 residential stops who would return to the building every night with empty cars, mine would blown out with pickup volume to the point that I would have to return to the building, unload volume, and go back out in order to contain it all. That was 25 years ago and my back and knees still hurt.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have 1 that is 160-200 miles, probably 1/3 of that is gravel. I can cover it for a week, if the regular guy is off 2 weeks in a row, I cannot do it. Coughing up all that dirt is hard on a bod.

I do about 140 miles per day and about half of it is gravel. I dont have a problem with coughing, its the dust boogers that are a killer. That dust is basically a bunch of microscopic razor blades and once you breath them up into your nose and sinuses they cause bad nosebleeds. During the dry summer months, I pretty much have continous and unending nose bleeds, they are pretty minor but over the course of a full day I can wind up swallowing enough blood to make me sick to my stomach. Throw in the heavy pollen that I am allergic to in May and June, and the working conditions can be downright miserable. And constant driving over washboard gravel roads is almost as hard on my lower back as a pig iron industrial route was. Rural routes still better than urban ones, but they sure as hell arent the cakewalk that many people think they are.

FilingBluesFL

This guy only did about 40-50 miles...

Only because they have people stupid enough to do it.

I'd do 200 stops, and then grieve it at the end of the week lol

we have some that are stupid enough to do it. I enjoy watching them stomping around in the mornings beofre the PCM threatning to stay out until midnite,bring pieces back etc and are mad because they have games to go to,etc. these guys are ALWAYS the first ones in,regardless of the amount of work on them

We have a few of those. They get SO pissed off, and SO angry, and then BAM, they're in at the same time they were yesterday with 40 more stops, and then wonder why they have another 30 on top of that the next day. "Oh, I'll show them, I'll show them REAL good, I'll teach them!" Riiiigggghhhhhttttt.....

ibleedbrown

that's messed up i was doing 14 stops an hour/ residential, some commercial 137 stops 4 pick ups in by 715 on my 2nd day alone and they made me get more experience on saturday's before coming back. freakin nazi's i tell ya lol!!!!

FilingBluesFL

that's messed up i was doing 14 stops an hour/ residential, some commercial 137 stops 4 pick ups in by 715 on my 2nd day alone and they made me get more experience on saturday's before coming back. freakin nazi's i tell ya lol!!!!

When I started, I was put as far away from the center as possible, with a P5 stuffed full of stuff... I don't remember why my stop count was, but it was before PAL and all done from load sheets...

I got in routinely from 9-11 pm every night.... "Those were the days...."

Brown Guy

These new guys got it easy, In my building they start brand new guys with 6 1/2 hours worth of work for 1 week, then 7 1/2 the second week then 8 3rd week. Then the center mgr. goes out with them on a Friday with less than 8, and tells them u qualify or not. Then they are sent out on there own with 11 hours and CHOKE. What kind of training system is this????