New peak driver helper: lazy driver

40andOut

I had an unbelievable helper back in 1987. Taught him how to sheet (No EDD, No DIADS just paper). I would send him up a street with 30 stops on a sled and pick him up 2 blocks down the road an hour later. He would be so frozen ice was literally forming on his eyelashes and mustache...below 0 temps. We ran the best numbers for a helper/driver team in the district that peak (420 stops a day and done in less than 10 hours). Back then you were considered nice to your helper if you shot him out the side of the truck. I am not exaggerating. So I have to laugh when I read about this helper who thinks he is busting his butt!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Apparently your Center is a utopia with 9pm curfews on Friday.

Why do u even need Helpers when the regional delays did not impact your center?

First of all, the 9pm curfew was on a Thursday.

For the vast majority of Peak we were not affected by delays in other parts of the country. We were at or near 100% clean going from day to day. It was only on the 26th that the delays in the air system impacted us in a huge way.

Even with the 9pm curfew I delivered each and every residential package that I had on board. It's kind of hard to deliver commercials stops at 8pm when they close at 5.

If you are unable to debate the issues in an adult manner perhaps you should frequent a different forum.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
IMAG0116.jpg