New production mark in your area?

rocket man

i glad some one did this post i thought they were just killing our center this week every day( my )early night was 755 latest was 955 pm , it totaly blows .

rocket man

We are about to experience the "summer of love" while the company tries to get a new contract ratified.

The hammer will fall the moment the ink on the new deal is dry and it will be back to business as usual.
if over 150 stops is love on a route that is slaated for 115 to 120 whats hate gonna be ?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
On February 3, I called my oncar and respectfully asked that my paid hours be decreased to a reasonable level (under 9.5 hours would be great).
Monday 10.56 hours
Tuesday 11.57
Wednesday 11.05
Thursday 10.56
Friday 12.42

I guess he didn't take me seriously! Time to file a grievance. Doubt our local will decide to strike over this issue so I don't see things changing much! Need better language in the next contract!

brownelf

On February 3, I called my oncar and respectfully asked that my paid hours be decreased to a reasonable level (under 9.5 hours would be great).
Monday 10.56 hours
Tuesday 11.57
Wednesday 11.05
Thursday 10.56
Friday 12.42

I guess he didn't take me seriously! Time to file a grievance. Doubt our local will decide to strike over this issue so I don't see things changing much! Need better language in the next contract!

The language is there, it's up to you to use it. Had a few people ask if they should still file 9.5 grievances after hearing about the changes, I encouraged all to continue filing grievances as long as they are still working excessive hours. The international keeps track of these grievances as does the company, failure to file justs says that overtime isn't an issue at the next contract talks.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We had the same problem the first of the year with excessive over time. The first week of January i went over 9.5 three days and filed. The second week i went over 9.5 four days and filed for excessive over time. the third week i went over 9.5 five days,and filed again for excessive over time.............since then the dispatcher has kept me at no more than 8.5 everyday except for Mondays. well, only two Mondays a month are very heavy because i use my two alloted 8 hour requests on Mondays. The dispatcher told me the center manager instructed him to keep me WELL below 9.5.

The younger runner -gunner-scared-to death-of -management types grumble about having to take work off us older 'lazy' drivers,and cant understand when they run 9 hours worth of work in 7 hours their stop counts are higher the next day.

file,file,file. the company couldn't care less if you are mad about working over 9.5. They only care about the paper

Packmule

And again, we need to toss out the 9.5 grievance proceedure and institute a stairsteped overtime wage scale. 8-9.5, time and a half. 9.5 to 10.5, double time. 10.5 and up, tripple. Not only will this hit the company first hour, first day of overloading, but inlike the current system, it won't go away at Christmas.
Additionally, I'd walk a strikeline in a minute to obtain language that forbids UPS from charging, or disciplining any driver in any way for ANY accident that would legally be deemed the fault of some other motorist, dog owner, etc by public traffic laws.
While we are at it, how about it shall ALWAYS be the discretion of the driver to decide whether or not they wish to deliver a misload. Close ones I don't mind. Being sent across town into some area I don't know, in the snow, in the dark, floundering around trying to find a house number is too likely to cause an accident.
And how about forcing the company to provide preloaders with some kind of technology that helps prevent misloads in the first place. Us drivers handle a third the packages, in twice the time, and are given gps and other diad software programs to stop misdeliveries. Can't they at least give preloaders a color-coded spa label?
Also, for those still employed, I'd like to see all pre-08 contributory years moved permanently into the new UPS/IBT fund, even after age 65. Think how much money this would free up on the old multi-employer funds, making them more solvent for those already retired.
Walk a strikeline to get a raise? Or to bankrupt my pension fund like we did in '97. No way. Forget it. If the union want's my respect, start working for us, and stop just using us.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Don't get me wrong on the grievance issue. I have filed multiple times for excess hours in the past year AND am on the 9.5 list. However, our local does not use the National Master language on excess hours. There is NO penalty pay for them violating the contract. My local chose to keep its right to strike over the issue instead of joining the national language. Hell will freeze over before we strike to get my paid hours at a respectable level!

babboo25

Banned
Wonder how many of the employees that always call for a strike have families to provide for. I do not want only 8hrs, nor do I want 11 everyday. Last year I worked 2600 hours, that is fine with me. I am extremely happy with my pay, just hate how we are lied to and treated like robots. I have 3 driver sups, 2 of those can barely walk up the stairs due to bad backs and fat asses. They cant do my job, they are lazy, dumb and lie to us daily. My center manager has 0 power, and has 0 respect from us. We listen to his morning BS about safety, possible audits blah blah. He even answers the phone sayn "safety first" but even he had shoulder surgery recently. How many of you squat and keep back straight to pick up a pkg the size of a book? Sorry to ramble on but as bad as it can be sometimes, I will never vote no on a contract that pays me $31hr, I cant afford to, neither can the IBT.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Was told by center manager that IE is working on a new 9.1hr goal per day/per car instead of the 156 stops per car average in this area. I work in an urban area that has many commercial routes (myself being one of them) and to make that average, many of us worked a record amount of hours last year while the region self destructed as far as safety (ie accidents/injuries) was concerned. Anyone else heard about this? As contract talks near, how many other things that the company has been beating us down with the last few years will be eased back on as far as discipline goes? Guess it's time again for the let's be friends/ and a team again till the contract is ratified game. You in?

Its all good if the center standards are right or at least your route's standards are right.

Packmule

While I'm inclined to agree, who can afford the strike, no one can afford to live with the danger of loosing your job because someone else can't stop texting and driving, control their dog, watch when they back up, etc. Fact is, UPS has taken this "professional driver" crap way too far. I'm all for getting all the training they want to give, but none of it will ever make me or you untouchable. Besides, since all I'm asking for is language in the contract and it wouldn't cost UPS a dime, I doubt they would balk if it was made clear it is not nogotiable.