New vote no page ADMIN

10 point

Last time I checked I don't work for them because I turned the job down.
Because they suck. Their perks and pay suck and their service sucks.

That's why I'm a UPS Package Car Driver.
The competition sucks.

And I always love feeder drivers telling us pkg car drivers how EZ we have it.

I was hauling freight across the USA before you even made it through your first 30 days. I know the difference.

ezmoney5150

I have much lesser health care than I had before.
I'll take that as a giveback. Just wait til the end of this contract when all or part of our raises will go towards healthcare.

I guess that's not paying for it?

This is the best we ever have it. Your standard of living will go down .

You might be right. I haven't figured out how we compete with Fed Ex now. I can't imagine what it will be like in 2018.

Hoffa at the contract meeting?

fxcxhj.jpg

You might be right. I haven't figured out how we compete with Fed Ex now. I can't imagine what it will be like in 2018.
They have 3 trucks serving the same area as one of our trucks.
Express, ground and home.
We have a ton of resources but choose not to use them.

It's all about the short term profit for the shareholders and not the long term growth of the company.

10 point

If you want to type slower go ahead. It will do nothing for the blinders over your eyes. You have great healthcare that you dont pay for. quit complaining. That's my point.
I wish your local (and us too) had the superior plan we used to have.

You really would not believe how great it WAS.

The company was netting 1 billion and could afford to cover us with a truly superior plan.

Now the company is netting over 5 billion and they say they can't afford to cover us with the same level of benefits???

The teamsters leadership wanted the $$$$$$$$$ interjected into their plan so we got issues traded out and the premise of the whole "the company is no longer in the healthcare business" was utter bullcrap.

You have no right to tell us to quit complaining.
Maybe you should quit gloating about your enhanced healthcare because it's fools gold to us.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

It's all about the short term profit for the shareholders and not the long term growth of the company.
Yep,
Instead of embracing a still emerging market for the future, UPS chooses to stifle growing its infrastructure and staffing levels to satisfy an instant gratification mindset that is the stockmarket.
Very short sighted.

ezmoney5150

I wish your local (and us too) had the superior plan we used to have.

You really would not believe how great it WAS.

The company was netting 1 billion and could afford to cover us with a truly superior plan.

Now the company is netting over 5 billion and they say they can't afford to cover us with the same level of benefits???

The teamsters leadership wanted the $$$$$$$$$ interjected into their plan so we got issues traded out and the premise of the whole "the company is no longer in the healthcare business" was utter bullcrap.

You have no right to tell us to quit complaining.
Maybe you should quit gloating about your enhanced healthcare because it's fools gold to us.

Your plan is better than mine. You dont have any deductable. I do. Why would I gloat about you having a better plan than me.

Quit complaining.

Yep,
Instead of embracing a still emerging market for the future, UPS chooses to stifle growing its infrastructure and staffing levels to satisfy an instant gratification mindset that is the stockmarket.
Very short sighted.
This company could do such much more and make much more profits....bit no! Keep pounding the sque peg into the ground hole!

10 point

With the current leadership in the IBT it seems they are making changes to the healthcare, full and part time progression......that are concessions, takeaways, givebacks...... however you want to spin it. To me the company is making more profit than ever, however somehow convince the IBT every contract without these monetary changes that the company is going to have financial troubles. These are a few things to illustrate my thoughts on the subject. I also know and am willing to admit there were some things that the IBT negotiated to improve our current contract......wages, strengthened some language,etc. What I continually see is how on the surface there is stronger language.....but it's a ways away from being enforced......sure post is the big one for me.....all talk and not much action. Our current leadership is doing a lot of good things for a lot of industries but has no problem giving back to UPS. This is why I've posted that our current leadership thinks a wage increase is the thing that will get the contract passed. Well.....if you want to change that and put emphasis on those other issues the membership needs to vote that way.
Can you type that slower please?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yep,
Very short sighted.
UPS may very well be saving a future competitor in the USPS?

hyena

You obviously didn't take accounting. If you made out a balance sheet you came out ahead. Even better than me. I still have a deductable. Being that I was already on Teamcare. You dont. Not quite a concession. Ask YRC to define concession.
Yea what was I thinking? I don't know what I had! I just read what people post on here thanks for clearing things up for me. I'm now a firm believer! Thanx again .........not

ezmoney5150

I agree with you on that. But that's the what happens when you go public. Shareholders only care about quick returns. It's not pretty, but the injection of instant cash to ups is how we grew into the company we are and got the raises we got. I was floored in 97 when we got a 70 cent raise in that contract. Since we went public we've had nothing less.

10 point

Your plan is better than mine. You dont have any deductable. I do. Why would I gloat about you having a better plan than me.

Quit complaining.
What gives you the right to dictate from the bottom of the pile?

You can quit whining about our opinions.
You have yours and it's respected.
Find some understanding for what we're saying.
We also have a right to our perspective.

I agree with you on that. But that's the what happens when you go public. Shareholders only care about quick returns. It's not pretty, but the injection of instant cash to ups is how we grew into the company we are and got the raises we got. I was floored in 97 when we got a 70 cent raise in that contract. Since we went public we've had nothing less.
2-3% wage increases. 5-10% more work.