New vote no page ADMIN

ezmoney5150

Let's cut to the chase as far as many of us on this site believe.

We do not trust the IBT leadership with our pension or our healthcare.

Therein lies the divide.
The pension is and has been sinking into the abyss for years and only time will tell about how the healthcare will fare out.

The curtain drops.
Sometimes it's better to deal with the devil you know than the devil you don't know. This is what I tell drivers when they want an SOB center manager moved.

10 point

I'm not an anti-Hoffa person. I'm watching the show from the front row wondering what the hecks is going to happen to our bennies. It does not look good imo.
I wonder how much actual te over the years UPS has paid me to drop deuce's.
Depends on how much cheese you had for lunch.

10 point

Sometimes it's better to deal with the devil you know than the devil you don't know. This is what I tell drivers when they want an SOB center manager moved.
I got that.
There should be a huge plan on the horizon for the necessary pension remedy.
I'm sure the leadership has to be motivated to fix it.
There's a lot of potential unrest about it looming.

ezmoney5150

I got that.
There should be a huge plan on the horizon for the necessary pension remedy.
I'm sure the leadership has to be motivated to fix it.
There's a lot of potential unrest about it looming.

Do you really think that they can save the CS fund without cuts to the retired? Please enlighten me. And CS.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I'm sure the part timers throw their checks in the trash on the way out since it's worthless.

The red circled part timers made good money. So.....

Who allowed the two tier part time wage?

Was it a Hoffa?

Hoffa Sr first allowed part time "student" employees approx. 1964. It was a few paragraphs in the NMA that opened the door for UPS to abuse the model later.

It was rapidly and grossly accelerated under Frank Fitzsimmons, Roy Williams, and Jackie Presser. I believe the two tier wage scale was put in place sometime in the mid 1970's, it'd be hard to figure out which one pulled the trigger per se without doing more research (Mafia Bitch Traitor, Crooked Sellout, and FBI Rat) but take your pick.

10 point

It's not that bad. And considering the screw ups Tim S has made this early in the game, that should speak volumes.
Every has an opinion and a vote.
Do you really think that they can save the CS fund without cuts to the retired? Please enlighten me. And CS.
I never said there won't be cuts. You have a really bad habit of "leading the witness" with paraphrasing my posts so that you can control the conversation.

Cuts are probably coming...that I'm pretty sure of. Way too late.

10 point

Hoffa Sr first allowed part time "student" employees approx. 1964. It was a few paragraphs in the NMA that opened the door for UPS to abuse the model later.

It was rapidly and grossly accelerated under Frank Fitzsimmons, Roy Williams, and Jackie Presser. I believe the two tier wage scale was put in place sometime in the mid 1970's, it'd be hard to figure out which one pulled the trigger per se without doing more research (Mafia Bitch Traitor, Crooked Sellout, and FBI Rat) but take your pick.
We just had our last red circled employee retire this year.

38 yrs of part time service.
Making drivers wages and time and one-half after 5 hours.
I'm SURE the company was glad to see her retire.

10 point

We just had our last red circled employee retire this year.

38 yrs of part time service.
Making drivers wages and time and one-half after 5 hours.
I'm SURE the company was glad to see her retire.
Plus, she had tremendous backbone. And was a devoted steward.

She had more time in the restroom there than most of the supes had in their total employment here.

ezmoney5150

Every has an opinion and a vote.

I never said there won't be cuts. You have a really bad habit of "leading the witness" with paraphrasing my posts so that you can control the conversation.

Cuts are probably coming...that I'm pretty sure of. Way too late.
Well look at that. Something we agree on. Cuts should have been done a long time ago. But again. What's the solution? I've been racking my brain and I can't figure out, within reason, how to fix this, subtracting the time machine to go back and stop the deregulation of trucking.

10 point

Well look at that. Something we agree on. Cuts should have been done a long time ago. But again. What's the solution? I've been racking my brain and I can't figure out, within reason, how to fix this, subtracting the time machine to go back and stop the deregulation of trucking.
It's not going to be cosmetic surgery.

It's probably going to take drastic changes to get the water out of the boat and plug the holes.

There's a lot of smart people involved.
I'm sure they CAN make the appropriate changes to turn it around. The question is how soon and how long will it take based on hypothetical financial stability.
Thats going to take some pretty smart people imo.