New vote no page ADMIN

T

Turdferguson

When a local that has 9000 people (Local 89) can hold up a contract for the rest of the 500,000 members for political reasons then there's obviously a dysfunction. Thats not democracy it's extorsion.
Political ? You mean the issues that are germane to that local. Like being paid for long waits to and from the parking. Sometimes 45 minutes. Do you work for free

When a local that has 9000 people (Local 89) can hold up a contract for the rest of the 500,000 members for political reasons then there's obviously a dysfunction. Thats not democracy it's extorsion.
So basically you are trying to say? You got wanted and screw the rest of us?

By the way. Don't forget to thank us "no" voters for the enhanced health care that you would have never gotten

You're welcome.

member6045

During the negotiations for the first round of the supplement getting bogged down s was demanding paid cel phones for all his member and to be paid once the reached the parking lot. These are just some of his demands.

Cell phones?? I wouldn't want ups paying my cell phone bill? Would only set a new procedure to track who I'm calling and texting during work hours. That's a really bad idea.

Some of us have to walk 5-10 minutes to get to our lockers from the parking lot everyday. I wish we had a shuttle or snowy and rainy days.

I hope you had more serious issues!!! ??? Who the majority of employees there full time or part time?

Cell phones?? I wouldn't want ups paying my cell phone bill? Would only set a new procedure to track who I'm calling and texting during work hours. That's a really bad idea.

Some of us have to walk 5-10 minutes to get to our lockers from the parking lot everyday. I wish we had a shuttle or snowy and rainy days.

I hope you had more serious issues!!! ??? Who the majority of employees there full time or part time?
That was local 89's issues.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
During the negotiations for the first round of the supplement getting bogged down s was demanding paid cel phones for all his member and to be paid once the reached the parking lot. These are just some of his demands.
Last car I bought at the dealership, we started negotiating about $8000 apart.
I always ask for things like new tires, even if they are still serviceable, new mats, better stereo, etc.
In the end, I know I won't get most of these things but will come off of them to give me leverage on the price.
Whatever Fred Z asked for in the first round of negotiations may very well have been a similar tactic.

Local 89's Air Supplement has factors in play that are unique to the Teamsters with an immense and almost exclusive part time work force in this one facility.
They already have programs in place programs that pay college students tuition and housing to attract employees.
Trying to compare their negotiations to any other local or region is simply apples and oranges.

In the end, we will never know what might have been possible because the IBT imposed upon Local 89 a supplement that was inferior to the company's previous offer.
An obvious punishment for Fred Z and his perceived aspirations, at the expense of the members.
Shame on you Hoffa and Hall.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So how long should that politcal game go on? Till UPS loses customers and members get laid off? The E Board had the right to do it and they did. If you don't like it change the Constitution. I think they did the right thing.
How was UPS going to lose customers?
During the close to a year that we were at an impass and working under the old contract, UPS continued to record unprecedented profits in a supposed down economy.
Neither side ever filed the necessary paperwork for a work stoppage.
UPS was content to sit back and wait as long as necessary and probably knew all along that the IBT would step in and impose.
The fix was likely in from the beginning.

You're just blowing cigar smoke.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
During the close to a year that we were at an impass and working under the old contract, UPS continued to record unprecedented profits in a supposed down economy.
UPS was content to sit back and wait as long as necessary and probably knew all along that the IBT would step in and impose.

That's just silly talk with all those facts and reality.

Overpaid Union Thug

It was obvious from the posts on that facebook page that most people in those locals (on that page at least) were holding out for healthcare and not for getting paid to commute to work or any other supplemental issue. All I remember was the constant posts about healthcare (which had already been settled in the national master agreement) and very little about other issues that were local issues. Sorry.....just calling it like I remember seeing it. I have no dog in this fight.

ezmoney5150

Amazon was getting very impatient that the contract wasn't done in the spring of 2013. They put pressure on UPS to get it done. When they're shipping 1 out of 10 packages you tend to listen. If Amazon pulled their business how many layoffs would there be? I remember how many customers we lost in 1997 when we had a bigger market share. How many layoffs would there be if we lost Amazon?

Common Sense.

realbrown1

It was obvious from the posts on that facebook page that most people in those locals (on that page at least) were holding out for healthcare and not for getting paid to commute to work or any other supplemental issue. All I remember was the constant posts about healthcare (which had already been settled in the national master agreement) and very little about other issues that were local issues. Sorry.....just calling it like I remember seeing it. I have no dog in this fight.
How many people post on a Vote No Facebook page from those locals?

Do you think it's a majority of those local's members?

Should their contracts be imposed upon them for a bunch of Facebook postings?

No.

realbrown1

What? Shame on Z for holding all of us hostage for things that could have been dealt with through the grievance process.
Do you even know what local 89's main beef with the supplement was?

I do.

And it wasn't healthcare.

What's your agenda here ez?

You obviously are attacking anything and everything about friend.Z. snd 89 and if I am not mistaken, you have taken shots at T.S. and 804.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

So if we went on strike to get local 89 there cell phones,what do you think ups existing customers were gonna do wait until we came back....why do you think FedEx was so excited they wanted that business....also you guys should think about striking as if you were the lowest seniority.....how would you feel if you got laid off and couldn't feed your families because local 89 wanted cell phones........you all should stop being me sters

realbrown1

So if we went on strike to get local 89 there cell phones,what do you think ups existing customers were gonna do wait until we came back....why do you think FedEx was so excited they wanted that business....also you guys should think about striking as if you were the lowest seniority.....how would you feel if you got laid off and couldn't feed your families because local 89 wanted cell phones........you all should stop being me sters
We wouldn't have gone on strike.

LOCAL 89 would have gone on strike.

Is it that tough to support them going on strike?