New Years Eve

Re-Raise

If a holiday falls during an Employee's vacation, he shall indicate at the time of selecting said week which of the following options he wishes

4.Hold the paid holiday and use an additional optional holiday

Local 710 language

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If a holiday falls during an Employee's vacation, he shall indicate at the time of selecting said week which of the following options he wishes

Local 710 language
If we had that language in our supplement I would bid all my vacations over paid holidays.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Local 710 language

Jones is right. I would have been all over that!

Re-Raise

If we had that language in our supplement I would bid all my vacations over paid holidays.

The highest seniority guys take them. When you add all the holidays in with the 5 days from splitting a vacation week and the 3 single optional days you literally can take every Friday off from the end of May until the beginning of September. I will be number 4 in building seniority next year and my wife works at a local college with every Friday off in the summer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Got a call form the guy running my work today and he told me he has over a hundred stops. My non-peak range is about a hundred and they have our guys running that on a "holiday" Craziness. I chose to sleep in till 10:30 while the kids were downstairs watching TV and playing.

I worked today---we started at 8am---the air didn't show up until 10am---they had us wash pkg cars for 2 hours. Ran a combined route---100 stops----then I had to go help out a younger driver (20 stops). Did a couple of OCA's and picked up the drop boxes in trace. Swept the UPS Store/Staples/MBE to make it easier for me on Thursday----got yelled at for sweeping the UPS Store/Staples/MBE. Punched out at 1745. Code 05.

Marne Vet

I worked today---we started at 8am---the air didn't show up until 10am---they had us wash pkg cars for 2 hours. Ran a combined route---100 stops----then I had to go help out a younger driver (20 stops). Did a couple of OCA's and picked up the drop boxes in trace. Swept the UPS Store/Staples/MBE to make it easier for me on Thursday----got yelled at for sweeping the UPS Store/Staples/MBE. Punched out at 1745. Code 05.

Code 05? That's just regular straight time. Code 5E is double-time [here] plus your holiday 8. Sure hope you didn't use Code 05 and they missed it. You'll be owed a bunch of money.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Prob is some of the holidays are at sucky weather times of the year.
I can see that depending on your priorities, but for instance I take Thanksgiving week every year and with that language I would get a week I want anyway plus two more optionals to use whenever. I'll be bringing this up at our next "contract goals" meeting.

Marne Vet

05 is the correct code, pay actual. 06 is guarantee.

Not [here] it isn't. For double time it's 5W for FT drivers, 5E for Air Drivers. During the regular year of they have a light trip sitting and want someone to run it without a lunch they'll ask someone if they want to "code five" and run it "straight time". Today is different because of the holiday.

Marne Vet

OK, because my OCD wouldn't let me forget about it until I knew for sure, I texted 5 other drivers, and my steward. In my Center we had two codes today. 5B for the Air Drivers, 5E for those of us that are FT. [Here], and ONLY [here], that's what we were instructed to code. 8 hours holiday pay, plus double time. If some of you had to work today at anything than this, then it's different in your Local. I was correct earlier when I said we were a code 5E today. 8+ Double.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
1) Are you a FT driver?
2) You're telling me you do NOT get time and a half, or double time like some of us PLUS your 8 hours holiday pay?

Dafuq?
Different locals have different rules. Here (southern supplement )under article 60 anyone forced is paid double time, volunteers is straight. With that being said, the company pays everyone as double since the volunteers only come in on premium days for premium pay. If the company decided to be nitpicky about who was forced and who wasn't (there is no code to distinguish the two) then they'd end up forcing lower seniority people and paying double time to them anyways.