"No family life" with UPS

Star B

White Lightening
Cause PooPS could combine the best of both worlds (FedEx routes/workload UPS benefits/wages) just by expansion of workforce and shrinking of routes.
My routes at FedEx are larger than most UPS routes. I run one physical area where I see 3 UPS drivers covering. Mind you, I'm just Express (so, air) but we also run delayed freight (2-3d air), so in reality, FedEx is being less efficient than UPS by having multiple drivers delivering in the exact area with their logo.... but in the end, its worth it to them because they are only paying one of those drivers a "decent" wage and vehicle maintenance.

Damnit! I'm trying to go back on-topic when everyone else went off. Oh well.

Last edited:

BUCN85

One of my neighbors works from home and stops his day around 1. The other probly doesn't work 35 hrs in a week. It's discouraging when I'm delivering my neighborhood and my neighbor is outside at 2pm cutting his grass or what not. And I get home at 7 and hear wow you work late. Yea actually this is the earliest I've been home in 6 months you schmuck. Lol.

ikoi62

Tell him about how many drivers that get injured and are forced to take a lowly customer counter job.
i dont know about that...lowly counter job..i did it for a number of years,made a buck less that a driver had ot didnt have to run and jump all day..heat in the winter and ac in the summer,nobody watching everything i did..gravy job.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Cops 60 hours a week. Lmao

Ummm. No

The only law enforcement that work that many hours are correction officers. They all do it to milk their pensions. Your average joe cop works 40-45 hours per week. Get your facts straight before you start spewing off about something you know nothing about
You have no clue what you're talking about.

john chesney

No worries man. I'm not mad, bro. More or less just bored and I like to call out people when I feel the need to. I could care less what people think of me. I sleep every night like a lil baby. Then I wake up and mommy wipes my ass.
Now you got it bro. I hope that I'm just old and miserable and the job ain't that bad. Think about it if I went fishing for 34 years 11 to 12 hours a day I'd end up hating that too

Dumbo

Now you got it bro. I hope that I'm just old and miserable and the job ain't that bad. Think about it if I went fishing for 34 years 11 to 12 hours a day I'd end up hating that too

Haha. Yeah I know guys in cake jobs that complain about everything. I know this job is going to be hard as hell. Attitude is everything. Somebody always has it better than you and somebody always has it worse. Change the things you can if you don't like them and accept the :censored2: you cant. At the end of the day people are just doing the best they can to get by on this :censored2:ed up rock we are floating around on. It takes a lot for me to legitimately get stressed out or offended.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
What makes you think I won't "make it that far". No offence but you have absolutely no idea who I am or what I've been through or my work ethic. You are one guy I've noticed that stands out on this forum as being cynical and really just rude to people who are just trying to seek advice. I don't know if you just feel the need to get your post count up, or get "likes" as if this is some social media gratification thing for you or what, but you post on almost every thread with no real content but just pompous responses.

It really says a lot that you feel so negatively about your job yet you spend so much of your free time on a forum about said job. I suggest you either help people or find something better to do with your free time. Judging people and assuming they aren't up to your level is both arrogant and ignorant. Maybe your a decent guy that just uses this place to vent, and that's fine, but maybe you should use your knowledge of the job to help people and make your job which you obviously are experienced at, better for new people joining the ranks...but hey, you do what you need to make you feel better.

Harsh.

Dumbo

Yeah I was a little harsh but I can't edit it now. Had a few beers last night when I typed that. I'm guessing I touched a nerve which is why he called me a "snowflake" lol. I get it....newbie greenhorn guy calling out browncafe veteran. Naughty of me. I expected the pile on of supporters coming swiftly to his defense.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
It's a blue collar job. Most blue collar jobs are tough and they are tough on the body. It can't be that bad if you still go to work everyday. For sure nobody forces you to. You make a choice to go in every day. It's not management or anybody else. Take responsibility for your own life and if you don't like it, change it.

Guess what you do when you have cancer? You get rid of it. Are you getting rid of it if you consider your job a cancer?

You sound like a millennial.
I'm a 30 year driver. Things have changed a lot in the last 10 years . You don't have a shot in hell dumbo, the fact your asking these ridiculous questions and stating ridiculous rebuttals tells me you have no idea about what the job entails. Let me guess brand new driver on a cake training route? A dime a dozen part timer that's gonna change the world? Tell us about your place at UPS

Dumbo

Hellfire, I noticed you disagreed with only the posts about taking personal responsibility. You don't agree with taking personal responsibility for your life? Nobody forces you to do anything dude.

I'm a hard worker, just like you. I'm a little older but have a lot of grit and I don't take :censored2: too personally.
I feel like I have a leg up on 80% of the new hires off the street. So many millennials. I was raised to work hard, not expect anything, not be entitled to anything, respect my superiors. I was the only guy to show up for the interview in a suit, and I'm pretty sure I've seen a lot more :censored2: in the world than a lot of the population, and I don't let it destroy my attitude. I personally think I'll do fine, but who knows? Maybe you're right. I'm gonna do my damnedest to make sure I succeed.

I'm actually going to change my name to Dumbo...I like it and my kids love the movie. Big Disney family over here.

Last edited:
1014RBn4HVSTK.gif