No update for two days.

Pullman Brown

And I’m all for expansion. But our future shouldn’t be held hostage either. I’m not saying we should settle for less. I’m just never in favor of waiting til the deadline to talk. I’m pretty sure O’Brien will still get paid 100% of his salary for not getting a contract approved on time.

At this point, all you can do is vote them out when the time comes around. Remember he was kicked off the national negotiating committee last contract and everybody kinda knew what they were getting with this guy.

Which is why I think they are choosing to strike.

We're bleeding pickup volume to competitors every day.
Customers jumping ship.

They'd try to stem the bleeding if they wanted a peaceful resolution.

This is UPS choosing to play hard ball with someone that was playing hard ball with them.
Which leaves us with two options.

Fold, or fight.
If they want to lock us out, that's one thing, but I'd have to think it's a ULP to refuse a LBFO and force us out. That's clearly not good faith bargaining. That's why I'm skeptical, if they really wanted to look serious they'd give it to SOB and make him make a move. He could choose to not let us see it, which would look bad, or he could let us vote on it and let the chips fall where they may. Either way, I'd say UPS knows their offer doesn't look good.

I agree. We got good language on that.

But none of us can say who's getting a good deal until we see what the money is.
And pick up a little bit more additional sure post
Ensures more jobs
Teamster jobs

I'm also very happy with him getting rid of the inward facing camera even though they say it's a "sensor"

Money is very important the language is key

Pullman Brown

If they want to lock us out, that's one thing, but I'd have to think it's a ULP to refuse a LBFO and force us out. That's clearly not good faith bargaining. That's why I'm skeptical, if they really wanted to look serious they'd give it to SOB and make him make a move. He could choose to not let us see it, which would look bad, or he could let us vote on it and let the chips fall where they may. Either way, I'd say UPS knows their offer doesn't look good.

Honestly, I think they haven’t made a move because of what the stock is doing. They must be confident that they can retrieve most of this volume. Long view versus short view.

HarryWarden

Honestly, I think they haven’t made a move because of what the stock is doing. They must be confident that they can retrieve most of this volume. Long view versus short view.
Also, how much volume have they really lost? I imagine most big shippers have contracts with UPS and can’t just back out, right?

Staydryitsraining

There's 2 people who control what's almost certainly going to end in a strike. Sob and Carol. Your not getting an update because those 2 aren't talking. Only negotiating happening with this little time would be those 2. Not a group of people in a conference room.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And pick up a little bit more additional sure post
Ensures more jobs
Teamster jobs

I'm also very happy with him getting rid of the inward facing camera even though they say it's a "sensor"

Money is very important the language is key
I'm pretty happy with the contract improvements which is why I'm not thrilled about the state of negotiations.

I don't want to think about how much support he's going to have if he calls a strike without telling the membership what they were offering.

They need to get back to negotiating or start giving more information about what we're rejecting.

TheDudeAbides92

I'm pretty happy with the contract improvements which is why I'm not thrilled about the state of negotiations.

I don't want to think about how much support he's going to have if he calls a strike without telling the membership what they were offering.

They need to get back to negotiating or start giving more information.
Yeah nobody knows what’s on the table which is why this entire thing is a complete farce. I’m beginning to wonder if this baldie creep just wants to have a strike come hell or high water

Yeah nobody knows what’s on the table which is why this entire thing is a complete farce. I’m beginning to wonder if this baldie creep just wants to have a strike come hell or high water
He may, but at this point it's on the company. As long as there's no TA and they refuse to put forth a LBFO, there's literally nothing to show us.