Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
it's cinco de Mayo and all... delivered to a funeral home, normal... but as I was leaving, somone dropped of a little dress for a little girl with a tiari , and very nice blanket,,,,,, that's when I knew I wasn't having a bad day after all..... choked me pretty good, could barely talk..... hug your kids!!!
love you all!!!
Amen to that !
I must say, over the yrs we all have seen some sad things out here

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpeg

Good morning, Fluffers! Happy Friday!

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
I was talking to the UPS guy on my route yesterday and he was telling me they've had so many retirements that their new normal is punching out at 2200 and later. He had to wait 30 mins yesterday to punch in because of DOT hours rule. Crazy!

Intentional by UPS to force out the older drivers who have the option of retiring. I would have liked to have worked a couple of more years but my body just couldn't take it any longer. After retiring and giving my body time to heal I am much healthier and pain free now so I don't regret the decision. I am only half crippled instead of totally which is what much more time working would have done.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Intentional by UPS to force out the older drivers who have the option of retiring. I would have liked to have worked a couple of more years but my body just couldn't take it any longer. After retiring and giving my body time to heal I am much healthier and pain free now so I don't regret the decision. I am only half crippled instead of totally which is what much more time working would have done.
I just can't see delivering on those dark country roads at 9:00 at night. Can't be safe. As expected, their injury rate is sky rocketing too. He said he has one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.