Now this is a cute little court case

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I didn't understand why he got arrested for trespassing on private property. We go on private property all the time as part of our job. And he was on official government business. I'm not a fan of what the Census has become, they are supposed to get only a head count and nothing more.

klein

Für Meno :)
I didn't understand why he got arrested for trespassing on private property. We go on private property all the time as part of our job. And he was on official government business. I'm not a fan of what the Census has become, they are supposed to get only a head count and nothing more.

Age, sex and race/nationality is also important.
age for building schools or not, & future SS costs, and race/nationality, I suppose if they need to fund a Mosque or some cultural center or not, and maybe for future immigration selections.

That above case will be thrown out, without a doubt. Too bad he didn't counter sue for lost wages, and wrongful arrest.

age for building schools or not, & future SS costs, and race/nationality, I suppose if they need to fund a Mosque or some cultural center or not, and maybe for future immigration selections.

That above case will be thrown out, without a doubt. Too bad he didn't counter sue for lost wages, and wrongful arrest.
Oh really ? I guess you know more about this case than was reported in this article? Please enlighten the rest of us on the details.

P

pickup

As has been explained in past posts to you , The United States does not fund mosques, churches, etc. That is the way they do it in Canada, not here. The Census is a head count, it is not supposed to be anything more. As for all the other questions that are asked in the Census, they can easily get that info from other sources.

klein

Für Meno :)
As has been explained in past posts to you , The United States does not fund mosques, churches, etc. That is the way they do it in Canada, not here. The Census is a head count, it is not supposed to be anything more. As for all the other questions that are asked in the Census, they can easily get that info from other sources.

Maybe, that article didn't explain it in plain english. But the head count among with age, etc.... does determine where and how the tax dollars get distributed.
That includes, schools, hospitals, police and firestations, and so on. Atleast they do that here. City transit even uses it for bus route planning.

But, you guys are probably backwards, and build schools, in an area that is all senior populated, eh ?
Really, don't kid yourself ! Census info is more important then you think.
Taken from census.gov : (US Census website).
How Our Data are Used

• to determine the distribution of Congressional seats to states--
    • mandated by the U.S. Constitution
    • used to apportion seats in the U.S. House of Representatives
    • used to define legislature districts, school district assignment areas and other important functional areas of government
    Find out about the 2010 Census Redistricting Data Program.
  • to make decisions about what community services to provide Changes in your community are crucial to many planning decisions, such as where to:
    • provide services for the elderly
    • where to build new roads and schools
    • or where to locate job training centers
  • to distribute more than $400 billion in federal funds to local, state and tribal governments each year Census data affects how funding is allocated to communities for:
    • neighborhood improvements
    • public health
    • education
    • transportation
    • and much more
  • to provide Age Search information for:
    • Qualifying for Social Security and other retirement benefits
    • Passport applications
    • Proving relationship in settling estates
    • Researching family history or a historical topic
Btw: No, Mosques or Cultural Centers don't get bulit by the government here, but they do quailfy for partial funding.

av8torntn

Maybe, that article didn't explain it in plain english. But the head count among with age, etc.... does determine where and how the tax dollars get distributed.
That includes, schools, hospitals, police and firestations, and so on. Atleast they do that here. City transit even uses it for bus route planning.

In our Country Congress distributes tax dollars.

Other than :
to determine the distribution of Congressional seats to states--
  • mandated by the U.S. Constitution
  • used to apportion seats in the U.S. House of Representatives
  • used to define legislature districts, school district assignment areas and other important functional areas of government
The rest of the list would be better determined by the states, counties and city/towns, not by the federal spenders.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

LOL Scratch This quote is taken from the article, "An attempt to get one resident, a county police officer, to fill out Census forms landed Haas in the back of a patrol car with a trespassing charge." I guess if one wants to push a trespassing charge it improves the odds greatly if that one is a county police officer. :happy-very: