One dead as FBI arrests Oregon occupation leader, four others

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
not true. There was no police chase in the video. There was a police road block in front of the vehicle.

The truck was stopped by police the first time for 7 minutes and 7 seconds. Then Lavoy drove off at high speed. Do you really think there weren't any cop cars behind him out of camera view? I guess they were just going to let him go.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And Bundy has left the building. When the :censored2: got real, he left running with his tail between his legs.

Agreed. I think this was all a big game to Bundy and Friends, who thought the government was just going to continue to let them leave and go shopping, have community meetings etc. The OSP waited until the perfect moment to make their move.

When the feces hit the fan, Bundy did nothing.

rod

Retired 22 years
Four comments--

1. At the speed they were going their only recourse was to hit the ditch because no way in hell could they have seen that road block around that corner.

2. What a STUPID place to set up a road block.

3. I bet that idiot cop standing along side of his vehicle who just about got taken out won't do that again.

4. Why not use spike strips. You can't tell me none of those cops had them. It was a perfect road to use them on.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Four comments--

1. At the speed they were going their only recourse was to hit the ditch because no way in hell could they have seen that road block around that corner.

3. I bet that idiot cop standing along side of his vehicle who just about got taken out won't do that again.

4. Why not use spike strips. You can't tell me none of those cops had them. It was a perfect road to use them on.

1) At "that speed"?? You mean ABOVE THE SPEED LIMIT of course?

2) Road blocks are not meant to be convenient to the CRIMINALS fleeing.

3) That law enforcement officer had a decision to make, stand behind the blockade and possible die from the ramming terrorist or jump to safety. The terrorist also decided to swerve instead of stopping and hit the officer.

4) We dont know if spike strips were layed down, that information has not been released yet.

Stop trying to justfy what this terrorist did. There are enough people on this thread making idiots of themselves already, dont be so willing to join the club.

TOS.

rod

Retired 22 years
Didn't look like that much of a corner you me.

Plenty of opportunities for him to comply with law enforcement.

Law enforcement had every reason to consider him armed and dangerous.

1. No way they could see around that corner in time to stop

2. won't argue about opportunities to comply

3. Whats that got to do with using stop sticks?

I'm not arguing who was or wasn't right with this shooting. I'm just saying its pretty sloppy police work getting that car stopped. They look like a bunch of keystone cops.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Four comments--

Obviously, you didn't go to police tactics school.

1. The whole idea is for them to hit the ditch, not the roadblock.

2. A perfect place for a roadblock because Finicum clearly wasn't expecting it.

3. The cops use their vehicles for protection. It was well-known that everyone in the white truck was probably armed and already fleeing from the first stop.

4. See #1. Spike strips would have allowed Bundy & Co. to exit the vehicle on their terms, and possibly head into the trees for a shootout with the law. The sudden stop in the snow allowed the OSP to have the upper hand right away.

This was executed perfectly by the OSP, and the outcome was about as good as could be expected under the circumstances. All they had to do was stay in the truck, and everyone would be alive. No mass executions, no hands behind the head and on their knees.

Excellent police work.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Didn't look like that much of a corner you me.

Plenty of opportunities for him to comply with law enforcement.

Law enforcement had every reason to consider him armed and dangerous.

Yes, yes, and yes. I guess LaVoy only could drive in a straight line.

rod

Retired 22 years
Obviously, you didn't go to police tactics school.

1. The whole idea is for them to hit the ditch, not the roadblock.

2. A perfect place for a roadblock because Finicum clearly wasn't expecting it.

3. The cops use their vehicles for protection. It was well-known that everyone in the white truck was probably armed and already fleeing from the first stop.

4. See #1. Spike strips would have allowed Bundy & Co. to exit the vehicle on their term, and possibly head into the trees for a shootout with the law.

This was executed perfectly by the OSP, and the outcome was about as good as could be expected under the circumstances. All they had to do was stay in the truck, and everyone would be alive. No mass executions, no hands behind the head and on their knees.

Excellent police work.

sloppy- sloppy- sloppy police work. Buford T Pusser sure didn't use any car for protection. He had to dive out of the way or get ran over. They are lucky a dozen cops weren't killed setting up that road block where they did. The Bundy truck could have very easily smashed into all those cop cars. Text book rookie mistakes.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
sloppy- sloppy- sloppy police work. Buford T Pusser sure didn't use any car for protection. He had to dive out of the way or get ran over. They are lucky a dozen cops weren't killed setting up that road block where they did. The Bundy truck could have very easily smashed into all those cop cars. Text book rookie mistakes.

Uh, no. Agree to disagree. If someone is going to shoot at you, it's better to be behind a car than out in the open.