Operation shutdown in full effect!

FedUpRTD

So you must be in or near DFW...interesting. DFW can't close, AFW has no access to other airlines for expediting and also no access for international freight. When AFW opened, DFW closing was rumored, then it turned out to be DTK that closed...now when they close JMD that will be something. I hate that building and I'm glad I don't work there.

Not really. We already take the missorts from ONY to JMD where the expedite person picks up the expedites.

FedUpRTD

How many people work at FOP. Heard the same thing that they are closing. Stations in Phoenix area making friend/t routes part time for now. Anyone heard if Ground will be starting to get alot of the Amazon freight.

We were told today that about 200 employees and five managers will be displaced.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They will probably be offered jobs in Memphis, which nobody can, or wants to take. When they refuse, Uncle Fred doesn't have to pay unemployment.
Pay a lawyer $150 and he'll prove that moving to Memphis would impose a hardship to the unemployment office. Unless you live close to the Memphis area then in that case I guess you're screwed.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Pay a lawyer $150 and he'll prove that moving to Memphis would impose a hardship to the unemployment office. Unless you live close to the Memphis area then in that case I guess you're screwed.

I hope a lot of people get lawyers. Overloading the system wil cause it to malfunction and then burn-out, just like the "machine" FedEx has become. It's time to throw sand in the gears and lawyer-up.

snackdad

There are enough Lawyers out there for any FedEx employee or victim to get the help they need. Search Justia.com for cases involving FedEx in you local federal district court and see who the lawyers are. Ask around, seek referrals, look for someone with FedEx experience. Find one, but first keep good notes, save every piece of paper, never sign anything, take photos, keep a daily diary with events and witnesses, make recordings, keep every shred of information you can, keep good relationships at work because FedEx will try to use all of your co-workers against you, dig deep into the personal lives of managers, expose their weaknesses (FedEx will certainly do this to you).
FedEx has deep legal pockets but they run their lawyers ragged. Imagine the workload that FedEx wants from the couriers and translate it to their legal team. I do not understand how any amount of money could be be worth the lives they keep, working for a company that will one day possibly throw them under the bus.
Always remember, even though it is very had for some to understand, you mean nothing to FedEx. You are a unit of human capital, you are at will, you are the enemy of FedEx and they will be nice to you when they need something and then show you the door. :greedy:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There are enough Lawyers out there for any FedEx employee or victim to get the help they need. Search Justia.com for cases involving FedEx in you local federal district court and see who the lawyers are. Ask around, seek referrals, look for someone with FedEx experience. Find one, but first keep good notes, save every piece of paper, never sign anything, take photos, keep a daily diary with events and witnesses, make recordings, keep every shred of information you can, keep good relationships at work because FedEx will try to use all of your co-workers against you, dig deep into the personal lives of managers, expose their weaknesses (FedEx will certainly do this to you).
FedEx has deep legal pockets but they run their lawyers ragged. Imagine the workload that FedEx wants from the couriers and translate it to their legal team. I do not understand how any amount of money could be be worth the lives they keep, working for a company that will one day possibly throw them under the bus.
Always remember, even though it is very had for some to understand, you mean nothing to FedEx. You are a unit of human capital, you are at will, you are the enemy of FedEx and they will be nice to you when they need something and then show you the door. :greedy:

Excellent, and so true about being "nice" while they need you, and disposing of you as soon as you have served your purpose. I know that HR and management constantly are in contact with FedEx Legal to cover their butts to the greatest extent possible. Having a lawyer, even if it's a "lawyer" you use only to write letters, is a smart move. I know of several employees who are basically untouchable because they have covered all their bases and/or have damaging information against FedEx.

The only time I have ever seen Legal come into the field was during a major lawsuit brought against FedEx by a minority employee. They sent a whole team of lawyers, brought in execs from Memphis and then lost to the tune of a high 6-figure settlement.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There are enough Lawyers out there for any FedEx employee or victim to get the help they need. Search Justia.com for cases involving FedEx in you local federal district court and see who the lawyers are.

Also note the final disposition of the cases in case you want to go all "I seen on the internet" and pay a lawyer to sue them for laying you off.

Goldilocks

There are enough Lawyers out there for any FedEx employee or victim to get the help they need. Search Justia.com for cases involving FedEx in you local federal district court and see who the lawyers are. Ask around, seek referrals, look for someone with FedEx experience. Wonder if I work with you, good advise!! Find one, but first keep good notes, save every piece of paper, never sign anything, take photos, keep a daily diary with events and witnesses, make recordings, keep every shred of information you can, keep good relationships at work because FedEx will try to use all of your co-workers against you, dig deep into the personal lives of managers, expose their weaknesses (FedEx will certainly do this to you).

HomeDelivery

So this is win for ground and home delivery ? I have around 200k invested in this. Will need a bigger truck. How much for new say sprinter not something 6 years old that sounds like it will die on the road

don't get a sprinter; high cost of maintenance / mercedes benz parts... my contractor just sold his & got some DHL stepvans instead.