ORION Implementation Team

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by BrownSyndrome, Feb 5, 2014.

1. BrownSyndrome

BrownSyndrome New Member

Hello,

I may have an opportunity to join one of the ORION Implementation Teams. I was wondering if there is anyone who is currently on one of the teams that could share some insight about the job. Do you like it? What are the main responsibilities, challenges, and demands? Where do you see yourself at UPS once your work on the team is over? How many hours do you work a week? Are you always home for the weekend? What kind of accommodations does UPS provide when traveling? Will I have my own hotel room? Meal expenses? How many people are on a team? Anything else I should know?

....as you can see, I have lots of questions.

I am currently a part time OMS so the ORION Implementation Team would seem like a good move considering it would offer me full time hours and a pay raise. The biggest challenge would obviously be the time away from home since I do have a family. Good thing apple invented facetime!

So before I make a decision I would like to know as much about the job itself as possible. Any information you can share will be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Why not ask HR, or whoever offered you the position in the first place. Most on here are drivers, loaders or unloaders, and as such would probably not be able to offer too much insight.

I will tell you that someone I know who was on an Orion team just became a Center Manager, so there's that

3. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

All it takes is for you to drink some kool aid training. Then your all set.

4. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

I'll second that. However it made another retire instead of continuing.

5. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

...........trying not to type a smart*** response.........

6. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

If you go to UPSers.com and click on the 'people moving' you can get a good idea of where Orion people come from and where they go following their implementation stay.

7. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

If you work for UPS and think customer service is the most important thing the company does, then don't go into any level of management. If you think customer service does not matter but saving a gallon of gas is more important than by all means join the Orion team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

9. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

Requirements include:

-walking into a UPS facility and being handed a throne by the center manager and DM

-immediately looking on a map and being able to tell a 20 year veteran driver he should take all lefts with a straight face

-be irate when a driver actually saves miles but doesn't hit 85% on Orion, immediate discipline is required

-if you can figure out the shortest route between 2 points is the 2000 section and the 7000 section, you will be a GOD

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  10. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

If you that making a single package house stop is the same as getting 20 packages to a business is the same thing join team orion

11. Greenwing

Greenwing after 15 years nothing suprises me

Anyone who is on the Orion team should be required to be a driver for at least 10 years

Sent using BrownCafe App

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I thought they only allow people that know absolutely nothing about how we do our job to join the team? Is this you?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Kicked Your Dog

Kicked Your Dog 22 Year South Cal UPSer

Wow, pt oms to orion team member. I guess the guy that re-fills the vending machines turned down the offer.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Methods don't matter anymore. Why not have 237 backs? We just saved 1.2 miles off yesterdays actuals. But we had 30 less stops. They probably only teach Orion at driving school.

15. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

My building has a PT OMS on one of the Orion teams. Have not heard how she is doing. Whenever I ask one of the On Road Sups about Orion all they say is "Hearing great things about the Orion System."

16. SignificantOwner

SignificantOwner A Package Center Manager

If any 10 year drivers are interested make sure your manager and Division Manager are aware of your interest.

17. Monkey Butt

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  18. Monkey Butt