Orion this peak?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by By The Book, Mar 25, 2015.

1. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

With our company's dismal performance last peak, do you think we will be told to use Orion this peak? We do have 2 on the truck in most cases and while 1 is digging, the other can be delivering, your thoughts.

2. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

hahahahahaaaa, is my response.

We've had Orion last 2 peaks.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

. Im wondering if they will tell us to use it even though a lot of locations have it now and don't use it at peak. I know some routes without helpers in rural areas can and probably do to some extent.

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

5. Brownslave688

And what's this dismal performance everyone keeps talking about?

If you're worried about the Wall Street numbers management has you right where they want you.

6. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

We've already been told by management that we will be turning Orion off for peak

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

Orion is unusable in a bulked out truck. Like Soberups would say, service trumps miles.

8. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I have already told management that I will be turning ORION off for the entire year.:P

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

At the PCM, your management will parrot the company line and tell everyone to follow ORION.

Then when the wheels fall off and the sparks start flying they will take you aside and plead for you to just "do whatever you have to do to get them delivered."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Two buildings in my area have had Orion for over 4 years and the building I'm in got it last year during peak they don't us it. That meas the dispatch manager doesn't allow it to compute a solution for the routes you just run normal edd in the order that your bulked out car will allow you to.

With a helper using there own board things really won't work out to well.

11. Mr.Golden

Mr.Golden Active Member

Depends what percentage they asking for. If it's below 85% might as well run it by edd. I doubt they will have Orion fix by peak or ever...

12. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

I still had to dig just going from section to section with a helper.. EDD just tells me there's another piece I have to find while digging

13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Using orion during peak would be comical.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. JackStraw

JackStraw Active Member

It won't even be mentioned until Jan. 15. It will be treated like the kid that lives under the stairs.

15. Brownslave688

Which would differ from our everyday operations how?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  16. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

By the sounds of it I'm really not looking forward to this ORION. But if I can make more money with less thinking then that's fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

it's not the less thinking you think, you will have to think more.... now that's a great quote

18. 2 hrs over allowed

2 hrs over allowed Upstate follower

Any day on Orion is comical. Like today lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I was 69% and so far no one said a word......20 miles over. Or I can do it their way and bring back 60 pcs. Its hard to fix once you deviate for service.

20. Mr.Golden

Mr.Golden Active Member

Tuesday got off at 10:50pm and today 10:10pm. I run Orion 100% then break at 4 to finish any other business. After that I setup up truck pulling pkgs from three different sections just to run a neighborhood