I am short $25

Did I miss something?

UPSSOCKS

Well I remember last year anything over 5 hours for a p/t in one day is OT

well last monday i worked 6hrs and 36 minutes, which would be 1 hr and 36min OT

well i checked my check online , and there is no OT on my check

I am short $25

Did I miss something?

Yes you've missed alot of things in your lifetime. I'm sure you missed the big bus and had to ride the short one. You might of missed the pool when you jumped off the diving board. Look at what you typed. You worked 1hr and 36 minutes overtime. On your check there was no overtime. I Guess your missing your overtime.

Management is probably shaving time off you everyday. They think you won't know because, well um you missed the pool.

NY11725

Yes you've missed alot of things in your lifetime. I'm sure you missed the big bus and had to ride the short one. You might of missed the pool when you jumped off the diving board. Look at what you typed. You worked 1hr and 36 minutes overtime. On your check there was no overtime. I Guess your missing your overtime.

Management is probably shaving time off you everyday. They think you won't know because, well um you missed the pool.

Hey Look The Troll!

actually, I never missed the pool because Ive never been to a pool with a diving board before. Never had that luxury, but I like the way you assume :P

and no **** im missing my overtime, im taking care of that today. A buddy checked his online as well and didn't get it, so im not the only one, I just thought it might of been from a different reason that someone may have known about.

and no they are not shaving time off me everyday, I got the exact hours I worked last week, not missing one minute. It's probably just a mistake, ive been reimbursed before without a hassle.

UPSSOCKS

Hey Look The Troll!

and no they are not shaving time off me everyday, I got the exact hours I worked last week, not missing one minute. It's probably just a mistake, ive been reimbursed before without a hassle.

Let's examine this statement. You got the exact hours and you are not missing one minute, but where did your 1hr and 36 minutes go. It's too bad you missed the pool.

NY11725

Let's examine this statement. You got the exact hours and you are not missing one minute, but where did your 1hr and 36 minutes go. It's too bad you missed the pool.

uhh. im talking about the total time you ****, the OT isnt going to make the total hours worked any different. Seems when god was giving out brains, you thought he said trains and you missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
this is what you get for not writing down your time every day. didn't I tell you in another thread? if you write down your time, right in front of your sups and managers, they will actually think twice about messing with your time, pay, OT. if you just "ballpark it" as you implied in the other thread we talked about this, they will think you are not keeping track and steal left and right. Especially you part-timers. They have a field day.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner

I think you have your socks on to tight. Do you two have issues cause u sure trying hard to burn him. Sence I am now the ceo, '' according to bad comp.'' It could b he got his 1hr. and 36min. at straight time. Not at 1.5. even someone with a pool injury could understand that. tiz the season to b nice. so relax. Take agressiveness to your work and not to others.

NY11725

this is what you get for not writing down your time every day. didn't I tell you in another thread? if you write down your time, right in front of your sups and managers, they will actually think twice about messing with your time, pay, OT. if you just "ballpark it" as you implied in the other thread we talked about this, they will think you are not keeping track and steal left and right. Especially you part-timers. They have a field day.

lol, i dont know why he doesnt think I know my hours I put 19.5 hours in last week, and i was paid for 19.5, but 1hr and 36 minutes was OT which I was not given. That doesnt mean I didnt write down my hours genius. It means there was a mistake.

UPSGUY72

I am short $25

Did I miss something?

No you didn't if they didn't pay you the overtime that you should get then say something to your SUP. If he won't do anything see a steward and then file a grievance. They paid you straight time thinking that you would just let it go and not say anything.

brownIEman

No you didn't if they didn't pay you the overtime that you should get then say something to your SUP. If he won't do anything see a steward and then file a grievance. They paid you straight time thinking that you would just let it go and not say anything.

Who exactly, paid him straight time thinking he would not do anything about it? His Sup? His Manager? They do no such thing. They approve his hours in the system and nothing else. OT is paid or not paid based on formulas in the payroll systems. There is no dark conspiracy button on the time card system where a supervisor can "click" to not pay overtime for unobservant employees.

UPSGUY72

Who exactly, paid him straight time thinking he would not do anything about it? His Sup? His Manager? They do no such thing. They approve his hours in the system and nothing else. OT is paid or not paid based on formulas in the payroll systems. There is no dark conspiracy button on the time card system where a supervisor can "click" to not pay overtime for unobservant employees.

OK !!!! There are ways around everything and SUP's know them all they will do what ever takes to keep the numbers so they are looking good. You can say they can't do this or that but we all know the truth. So stop feeding us a bunch of BS.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

I am short $25

Did I miss something?

No you did not miss something, They (your immediate pt sup and area ft sup messed up.) Go to them and tell them about the shortage they should agree and give it to you in the next check (maybe). Here is your back up plan. Do it in writing and keep a copy. If it is over 15.00 PT or $30.00 FT and was their mistake the contract states " If the employer fails to make the the payment available on the employee's second scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of the emplyers error,the employee will be paid an additional amount equal to one half (1/2)of his/hers daily daily guarantee at his/hers regular hourly rate for every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid after the second scheduled work day ,until corrected. .The key is you have to file a grievance when reporting it in writing. As always see your steward !He will help you and cosign your grievance.
FYI for PT it is OT over 5 and if you are working doubles it is OT over 8. I am assuming you ar PT. Good luck
Stewie

outamyway

I was just looking this up in today in the contract. I have not been able to find where it states part time inside workers working over five (5) hours get over time.

Did they change it in this contract?

NY11725

I was just looking this up in today in the contract. I have not been able to find where it states part time inside workers working over five (5) hours get over time.

Did they change it in this contract?

Nope, contract is the same since Ive been working at UPS.

There is something in the union book about it, it says something like

" if a part time employee works over 5 hours due to an emergency, then time and a half is issued " but that doesnt make sense because I got OT last year when I went over 5 hours regardless of there being an emergency where I " needed " to stay.

and if all goes negative, I can always go to a shop steward, or call my union rep, but im sure it wont go that far, I have a great manager

NY11725

uhh yes I did, If i have 19.5 and was paid 19.5, its clear I was paid for what I worked, if I knew I worked 19.5 and got paid for 19.5..how is that me not knowing how many hours i worked? If I checked my check online last night and found out I didnt get OT, then its pretty clear that I am on top of it...

but anyway

I went in 2nite and mentioned it to my p/t sups boss because my p/t sup isnt too bright, and it turns out I am not the only one who didnt get paid their OT, there is about 4 other people who is missing their OT. As far as right now they said they are looking into it. I will have an answer by monday. It's pretty clear that they owe me OT, and owe the other people OT. My P/T sup even asked me about it, he said did you talk to Aaron, and I said, yea, and explained everything, he said, yea they have to pay you for your OT, its illegal is they dont.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
uhh yes I did, If i have 19.5 and was paid 19.5, its clear I was paid for what I worked, if I knew I worked 19.5 and got paid for 19.5..how is that me not knowing how many hours i worked? If I checked my check online last night and found out I didnt get OT, then its pretty clear that I am on top of it...

but anyway

I went in 2nite and mentioned it to my p/t sups boss because my p/t sup isnt too bright, and it turns out I am not the only one who didnt get paid their OT, there is about 4 other people who is missing their OT. As far as right now they said they are looking into it. I will have an answer by monday. It's pretty clear that they owe me OT, and owe the other people OT. My P/T sup even asked me about it, he said did you talk to Aaron, and I said, yea, and explained everything, he said, yea they have to pay you for your OT, its illegal is they dont.

Just so your aware, you only have 5 days to file a grievance on a non discipline article. That is from the first day of knowledge, so Friday (payday) is day one. At this point, if they do not correct it out of the goodness of their heart, you may be sol!!

NY11725

So you're saying you worked 18 regular hours and 1.5 hours overtime?...for total hours worked @ 19.5??

No I worked 19.5 total hours

but 1hr 36 minutes of that total was OT

I worked 6hrs and 36 minutes on monday, so my OT came from monday, and the rest of the week I worked between 3 and 3.5. I clocked out friday with 19.5 which is exactly what I worked.

Usually ur stub will show ur regular hours worked and under that where holiday pay usually goes, it will have overtime.

but its all being taken care of, since there are others who didnt get their OT, i dont feel as antsy

but then agan, yea it would be 18 regular pay and 1.5 OT but its all regular pay so its 19.5

1hr 36min should be been considered OT

jenniferlynn

No I worked 19.5 total hours

but 1hr 36 minutes of that total was OT

I worked 6hrs and 36 minutes on monday, so my OT came from monday, and the rest of the week I worked between 3 and 3.5. I clocked out friday with 19.5 which is exactly what I worked.

Usually ur stub will show ur regular hours worked and under that where holiday pay usually goes, it will have overtime.

but its all being taken care of, since there are others who didnt get their OT, i dont feel as antsy

Okay...I'm not trying to be a smart *** but from the looks of this post, you didn't write your clock-out time down. Because up above you stated that "the rest of the week I worked between 3 and 3.5". From what I gather you worked 1.6 hours overtime @ your 1.5 rate...soo you worked 17.9 hours @ your straight time rate and 1.6 hours @ your overtime rate. With all due respect...you should write your time down EVERYDAY...hope ya get it straightened out...Good Luck :)