P/T Supervisor help

CanOSup

One of them
So at the beginning of this week against all recommendations not to, I took a position as a p/t supervisor. I am still learning how to deal with the whirlwind of paperwork and what my job duties actually are. My big question though is what work am I allowed to do I was hired rather quickly as a supervisor (I only worked at ups for 39 actual working days before getting promoted) so I am a little unsure as to what I am/ am not supposed to be doing and what I am/ am not allowed to do. I have been threatened to be grieved twice already my goal is to avoid getting fired after my first week on the job.
The biggest thing is to understand the environment you are being propelled into. Most employees you will be supervising have been doing the job for much longer than you've been around (Maybe even alive). Understand that you need to learn from the skillsets they have acquired over their career. Respect is something you earn from them they will not give it to you. Treat your employees like the people, give them respect, Follow up on their needs and requests, and learn from your fellow PT Sup's and your FT Sup and the rest should come with experience and time. You also cant be afraid to stand your ground and not crumble when you receive pushback. Always be professional, hold people accountable to their jobs, and be respectful. You will be fine.