Package car drivers who give out dog treats

menotyou

bella amicizia
What would I do with 14 lbs of condoms. HMMMMM....:winks:
LMAO! And, the box of extra strength 5 hour is $36.96. With a 14lb box of condoms, I think you'll need that, too.

(I was wrong about the price of cookies. Bought a box yesterday. $10.38)

kingOFchester

If I had permission from the owner, I would then give out dog treats. As of now, I do not know any dogs and their owners as to whether it is ok to give the dog treats.

Do to being sued I would not give a dog a snack. Next thing you know, the dog gets the Hershey squirts all over their Persian rug and I am in court.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If I had permission from the owner, I would then give out dog treats. As of now, I do not know any dogs and their owners as to whether it is ok to give the dog treats.

Do to being sued I would not give a dog a snack. Next thing you know, the dog gets the Hershey squirts all over their Persian rug and I am in court.
You do have an interesting view on things. I hadn't thought of that one. :rofl:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
No. Never have and never felt the need. The issue today is there are so many more irresponsible dog owners than there used to be. People who live in small apartments and house trailers who have large dogs like pits and boxers and the ones who get herding dogs and keep them penned or tied up. This on top of the "owners" who fail to teach their dogs even the simplest commands such as coming when called. I had a guy that let a pit out as I was about to get out of the truck and said he was fine, I said he's not coming when you call him so why would the dog listen to me.

Obviously, Any driver would not take the chance to give biscuits at stops like these.

I deliver in a upper middle class area. The influx of "invisible fences" for dog owners is through the roof. As a dog owner and lover, I can tell who are the friendly dogs and have met all their owners who enjoy their dogs getting a treat.
If I don't trust a stop with dogs in the yard, I'll honk for attention. If no one shows, they get a notice on their mailbox.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I do. I did have a dog when i was a child that had severe allergic reaction to many dog foods. We had to be very careful in what we fed the dog or else......
I had a stop with one of those poor poochies. Very nice owners. I always ask the owner first before giving out treats. I do realize that I have to be aware that. Thanks for reminds us all, though. It does need to be said.
:bigsmile2:

I had to switch from Moist and Meaties to Purina One-lamb and rice, because Baxter had these strange, large, black splotches on his tummy. Vet wasn't sure what it was. The spots were itchy, so I thought it was an allergic reaction of some type. Switched food and spots gone and Baxter's tummy is all better. It's getting rounder, as he likes that new food. :(

Omega man

I used to and decided not to anymore about a month ago.

Why???

Handing out treats teaches dogs to come running for the truck. I don't need to hit one of them or make it harder to arrive or leave a delivery point. I will scratch a dog, talk nice and all that, but no more treats.

If you don't feed them in or just outside the truck you can usually keep the dog from running up to your truck. I give them out near the delivery point. It trains the dog to expect the treat at that spot. This keeps cover drivers from hitting them also.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A lot of my dogs will run out to the truck and jump in before I even get to the house. This is actually safer because once they are in the truck
it is impossible for me to run them over. I just give em a cookie and hold on to their collar while I finish driving up to the house and/or backing up.

Re-Raise

A lot of my dogs will run out to the truck and jump in before I even get to the house. This is actually safer because once they are in the truck
it is impossible for me to run them over. I just give em a cookie and hold on to their collar while I finish driving up to the house and/or backing up.

Actually the first post of yours I haven't agreed with Sober. I do not want the dogs on my route jumping in the cab of the truck with me as I drive up to a house.

I ran over a dog a couple of weeks ago and would prefer they come no where near my truck.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Actually the first post of yours I haven't agreed with Sober. I do not want the dogs on my route jumping in the cab of the truck with me as I drive up to a house.

I ran over a dog a couple of weeks ago and would prefer they come no where near my truck.
I'm sorry. That hurts.

Buck Fifty

Sober, there is nothing safe about that whole scenario.