Pants in the summer??

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm under 40, and I think tattoos are a decision one shouldn't take lightly.

Get a visible tattoo and you have drastically reduced your options in life. I think some (not all) people get tattoos on a whim and don't truly think of the outcome. Just like some (not all) do it for a look, people will stereotype and look at your appearance and prejudge you.

The 80 yr old, southern, extreme Christian woman may not feel comfortable answering the door, to sign for a package, from a person with a visible tattoo and now doesn't use UPS because of this.

Should have read the appearance guidelines before becoming a driver. If it bothers you, go work some place in air conditioning where pants won't be an issue.
Yeah I don't have a problem with tattoos but don't think just because you think they are ok suddenly they should be accepted everywhere.

I could care less if you grow your hair to your knees or go around shirtless all the time or have holes in your ears big enough to fit a half dollar in. Doesn't mean those things give off a look of professionalism

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I have a half sleeve on my arm of some beautiful Japanese koi fish art. When I got it done, I brought in my ups shirt so my artist could see where to stop. No one knows I have it.

When my center manager retired recently, he was shocked when he saw me outside of work and saw it. He thought it was nice and that I did a good job of not advertising it.

If you're going to to get ink, get it where it doesn't show. You can still do it and hide it. Just need a good artist too.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have a half sleeve on my arm of some beautiful Japanese koi fish art. When I got it done, I brought in my ups shirt so my artist could see where to stop. No one knows I have it.

When my center manager retired recently, he was shocked when he saw me outside of work and saw it. He thought it was nice and that I did a good job of not advertising it.

If you're going to to get ink, get it where it doesn't show. You can still do it and hide it. Just need a good artist too.
Bingo. My uncle is a well respected man in his field. He travels the world to give speeches about mri machines.

He is covered with tattoos basically anywhere that can be covered by a polo and slacks.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
When you applied for the job, you were given paper work & signed off on UPS's appearance policies. If you've decided you should no longer adhere to them... quit.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have seen many classy tats. I have seen some horrid ones. I guess since you have to judge is the difference. A former marine with MOM would be ok, but a biker with Mom, might not. I think the earrings as big as bolts are stupid. But some tats, are ok, but then its my opinion, and it doesnt matter.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Situation is I have a tattoo on my leg of nothing vulgar or offending. I was told by my onroad 6 years ago that I would have to wear pants...OK I thought and that was that. Not until now have I had a problem with the heat, yesterday I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it thru the day. This morning I said friend-it put the shorts on. Right away center manager tells me I have to wear long pants. I said ok walked out of the office into my pc. (wearing shorts all day was nice, reminded me of skinny dipping) Now here is my concern, I have no problem what so ever abiding to realistic terms from corporate. But there are a couple of people who have tattoos on their arms and aren't told to have long sleeve shirts. I am not the type of person to say "well what about him and what about her" Its not my style to throw anyone under any bus. All tho I can be very confrontational. If any of you have any advise it will be greatly appreciated! I've been a morning reader of just about all of your input for the past 4 years, you make my coffee that much sweeter. thank you for your time
Wear shorts and just get a sweat band to put over it. Guys at my hub do that. Many different options besides wearing pants.

watdaflock?

300.jpg

upsman68

When I started driving in '78, shorts weren't part of the uniform. When they started issuing shorts, I got my 3 pair. They are still in the top of my closet, folded just like the day I got them. It gets hotter than a 2 dollar pistol in Texas, but somehow I survived. So can you, tattoo boy.
Don't you have AC in those feeder trucks?

rod

Retired 22 years
I'd be Interested in the age difference in the people who think tattoos are ok and those who think they're not (and I'm not talking obscene tattoo's I.e. Hate, nudity, etc.)

I would guess like 90% of those who think they're terrible are 40 years old +

Which is why I'm saying things will be changing when us from that scary "generation x" start moving up the ranks.

Is "40" the magic age now? When I was growing up it was always "never trust anyone over 30". I have a tattoo or two and I haven't seen 40 in many years. I also heard on the news today that the Baby Boomer generation ( those born after WWII 1946-1952) is no longer in the majority--the Milleniums (sp.) have taken over. I really don't know what to say about "Generation X" taking over eventually. They seem to be more interested in playing video games and texting about every little aspect of their lives than taking an interest in whats going on in the world.

Zap!

Sorry bub you got the wrong idea about me, but that's ok im not gonna judge you for it, if nascar is your thing have at it

I noticed you didn't reply to me when I suggested laser removal sessions, but it's the best idea here if you want to wear shorts and don't have to worry about makeup coming off. My place doesn't allow a big band-aid unless it's for a cut.

You won't be ready for this Summer, but it'll be gone by next. I've done it, and would do it again.

Cowboy Mac

I wear pants all year long. Cowboy boots and shorts just looks ridiculous. If anybody asks me if I get hot, I tell em "I don't work hard enough to get heat exhaustion".