"Pay Mix" update...

beentheredonethat

Well it was a one time nice pay bump and making it permanent. Not sure how they are going to keep or get new management people with this change.
Most newer\younger people want to see the money in their paycheck ASAP. The idea of long term wealth really hasn't been true for UPS management in quite a while. We no longer are a company of a supervisor starting his\her career with UPS and retiring with UPS. Now, we want to keep them for a modest period of time, then hire a replacement who is more energetic and can be paid far less.

JR Ewing

Please

Attachments

• 7E53101A-827B-414E-8AC1-2C5FD3AD5274.png
    7E53101A-827B-414E-8AC1-2C5FD3AD5274.png
    389.3 KB · Views: 50
Will this be the end of the MIP?
I see all the posts ..some very informative .. supposedly the change won't affect "total" pay for most, as they define it. By shrinking the MIP and reallocating a large portion to pay, there will no longer be those oversized MIP bonuses when goal is exceeded. On the other side, employess won't suffer as much in a bad year. With management incentive phased out, there is no longer an incentive to buy stock or hold it. There is still a discount program where you can purchase for 5% off, not such a big deal. So will employees be incentivized to work as hard? The MIP bonuses were a big motivation. Another thing to note, new hires are not aware of all the stuff mgmt used to get - all the things that have been phased out. Remember the 1/2 month holiday pay? The Christmas Turkey? The Reportbacks with food and drink? The Pension? Now the Management Incentive and reduced MIP. All that given in the past that is gone. New hires only know the here and now .. the future is not going to be so rosy for the majority of new UPSers as it has been for past UPSers .. but they won't know it ...

Anonymous 115

I see all the posts ..some very informative .. supposedly the change won't affect "total" pay for most, as they define it. By shrinking the MIP and reallocating a large portion to pay, there will no longer be those oversized MIP bonuses when goal is exceeded. On the other side, employess won't suffer as much in a bad year. With management incentive phased out, there is no longer an incentive to buy stock or hold it. There is still a discount program where you can purchase for 5% off, not such a big deal. So will employees be incentivized to work as hard? The MIP bonuses were a big motivation. Another thing to note, new hires are not aware of all the stuff mgmt used to get - all the things that have been phased out. Remember the 1/2 month holiday pay? The Christmas Turkey? The Reportbacks with food and drink? The Pension? Now the Management Incentive and reduced MIP. All that given in the past that is gone. New hires only know the here and now .. the future is not going to be so rosy for the majority of new UPSers as it has been for past UPSers .. but they won't know it ...

What they will know is that there is no incentive for younger people to stick around. A lot of older people are just hanging on long enough to get their pensions and keep healthcare until 65. Young people know they can get health insurance anywhere. They can get a 401K with match anywhere. Most companies offer tuition reimbursement. There are really no other notable benefits being offered anymore that can't be found elsewhere. My daughter has left two big companies in less than five years and given herself a large pay increase each time, the last one being 10K. As you said, they have never known the "perks" that used to be given out, so they won't miss them. Seeing a larger dollar amount on their paycheck NOW may help to keep them?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm not being snarky or a smart ass with this question: with the downfall of MIP,Bonuses.1/2 month holiday pay etc HOW are people going to be "incentivized" to go into Management? I see alot of Stick and little to no Carrot

I have a dumb question (sorry not very good with financial things), when I look at my personalized Pay Mix statement on upsers.com it says: "Your 2023 MIP, payable in 2024 will be delivered in 100% electable cash".

So does that mean there is no MIP this year (the MIP for the last year 2022 that we usually get in March of the following year)? Or are they still going to do the 2022 MIP the same as the previous years where it was 50% electable cash and 50% RPUs? They haven't mentioned anything about what is happening with this years MIP payout if there is any. It looks like they are going to start with the new MIP plan in 2024 but not clear on what is happening this year, will we be getting any sort of MIP payout in March? Thanks.

Fenris

I have a dumb question (sorry not very good with financial things), when I look at my personalized Pay Mix statement on upsers.com it says: "Your 2023 MIP, payable in 2024 will be delivered in 100% electable cash".

So does that mean there is no MIP this year (the MIP for the last year 2022 that we usually get in March of the following year)? Or are they still going to do the 2022 MIP the same as the previous years where it was 50% electable cash and 50% RPUs? They haven't mentioned anything about what is happening with this years MIP payout if there is any. It looks like they are going to start with the new MIP plan in 2024 but not clear on what is happening this year, will we be getting any sort of MIP payout in March? Thanks.
You will receive the 2022 MIP in March. The only difference for this one will be that RSUs vest immediately (but don't lapse until 2024.)

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Yes, this was my reason. Amongst others. No interest in doing manual labor for 30 years. You can also climb the corporate ladder and transfer with much greater ease.
maybe it's different outside of Operations but I never saw an Onroad go Higher than Onroad, and while i saw some center manager's busted down to Onroad and after a few years in Purgatory were 'promoted" back to center manager i never saw any go "climb the corporate ladder" .

oldngray

nowhere special
maybe it's different outside of Operations but I never saw an Onroad go Higher than Onroad, and while i saw some center manager's busted down to Onroad and after a few years in Purgatory were 'promoted" back to center manager i never saw any go "climb the corporate ladder" .
I saw a couple of Onroads go to center manager but no higher. Anyone above that may have spent a token amount of time as on car sup but they were basically just punching a ticket for their resume. I did know of an Onroad that made a lateral transfer to IE and did end up going higher after that but wasn't a direct advancement and he mostly stayed away from operations after that.