PayCheck

Rob05

On my paycheck I have some listed that says OPT'NWEE- 10hrs. What does this mean? I worked 32 regular hours last week plus 5 hrs of OT and had a scheduled day off on Monday without pay. Thanks for the help

SouthCal

Is the Option week in the top portion of your paycheck where it explains your hours or is it on the bottom portion where it tells you how much you've got remaining? I'm a little confused as to why it would show 10 hours, though. I've only ever seen option days given in 8 and 4 hour increments.

bumped

Did you break up one of your vacations weeks into single day vacations. That is what it looks like on what you mentioned on your stub. It won't matter if it was a scheduled or unscheduled day off. Payroll uses you your broken up vacations 1st.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Your first 5 days off are paid as single vacation days, if you broke your option week into single days. Even if you thought it wad a non paid day, they still use the single vacation days. Even if you call in sick that morning, its a single vacation day.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Your first 5 days off are paid as single vacation days, if you broke your option week into single days. Even if you thought it wad a non paid day, they still use the single vacation days. Even if you call in sick that morning, its a single vacation day.

If you are in good with a Supe you can get around that. I grabbed 2 days off last year without burning one of my individual days. It's not automatic, it's how mgmnt codes the day off.

Rob05

I picked me option week for a week in Sept. However I usually take 8 hr day requests and they never want to adjust my RTE so i usuaully stay home without pay. However last week is the first time when i had a day off that they paid me for it out of my option week. Does this mean i will loose my Option week of vacation in September?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I picked me option week for a week in Sept. However I usually take 8 hr day requests and they never want to adjust my RTE so i usuaully stay home without pay. However last week is the first time when i had a day off that they paid me for it out of my option week. Does this mean i will loose my Option week of vacation in September?
You won't lose your week as long as it has already been approved.

grgrcr88

whaen you select your vacations for the year, there should be an option to break up your optional week into single days. If you selected that option, contractually, your first 5 days off are paid 10hrs and used as a single vacation day. If you did not choose to break it into single days. Your sup screwed up and they paid you a day they should not have. You need to talk to your sup, if you did not choose to break up the option week, they may have entered your vacations wrong in the system and you could not be getting the week you scheduled for your option week. They should be able to fix it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But if they used one of his option days already, how would he get paid for the vacation week that he has planned? Would they pay him for his 4 remaining days and the 5th would be a dead day? We don't have option weeks here so I am not familiar with how they work.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
But if they used one of his option days already, how would he get paid for the vacation week that he has planned? Would they pay him for his 4 remaining days and the 5th would be a dead day? We don't have option weeks here so I am not familiar with how they work.
Here, if option days are taken either as a single day or in any combination of days we would get paid for the particular number of days taken. If mgt wrongly uses an option day and we do not catch it, then when the week was actually taken we would not get pay for that particular day or combination of days already paid.

grgrcr88

That is probably the way the company will want to handle it. If the OP wants to, and management screwed up. They could take the overpayement out of next paycheck(or spread it out over several) and then make sure his original option week selection is paid at the 50hrs it should be paid.

bumped

Option week here mean that there is an option to work through that week of vacation. The vacation week is paid as a 50 hour straight time vacation. Starting in 2009, one could also choose to take that week of vacation and break it up onto individual days thus paying out five 10 hour days of straight time. It is to be used for any sick days(as we have no sick paid time), scheduled off, or basically any non paid day off (other than FMLA). A personal day takes precidence over the option days regardless of senioity.