Pensive about Pence

wkmac

Btw Sessions is turning up the screws on civil forfeiture that require no conviction at all. @Sportello was dead on the money calling that one out.

One of the main grievances of the 1770's was confiscation of property by the British Crown, often to the benefit of the crony merchantilist East India Company without any due process so in an ironic twist, we've returned to the 1770's by means of a menace (Sessions) who would tell us the reasons for that revolution were justified. If they were justified then..........

We no longer live in a society of free speech and thought so I'm un able to finish that sentence.

I also used the word merchantilist instead of capitalist because that word capitalist in that sense was not in use then. Capitalist was a 19th century pejorative that latter in late 19th early 20th was taken from critics by so called capitalists and became the word we know today. Fuedalist, merchantilist and capitalist in their vulgar forms do carry a common heritage to one another.

newfie

One of the main grievances of the 1770's was confiscation of property by the British Crown, often to the benefit of the crony merchantilist East India Company without any due process so in an ironic twist, we've returned to the 1770's by means of a menace (Sessions) who would tell us the reasons for that revolution were justified. If they were justified then..........

We no longer live in a society of free speech and thought so I'm un able to finish that sentence.

I also used the word merchantilist instead of capitalist because that word capitalist in that sense was not in use then. Capitalist was a 19th century pejorative that latter in late 19th early 20th was taken from critics by so called capitalists and became the word we know today. Fuedalist, merchantilist and capitalist in their vulgar forms do carry a common heritage to one another.

I would agree I would watch to see how this one is applied. I don't see the east india corporation in todays scenario.
I like the thought of robbing the drug barons of their illegal gains but would keep one eye open to see where they go from there.

I'm not as worried about the legalization of pot , I think that one works itself out over time.

wkmac

I would agree I would watch to see how this one is applied. I don't see the east india corporation in todays scenario.
I like the thought of robbing the drug barons of their illegal gains but would keep one eye open to see where they go from there.

I'm not as worried about the legalization of pot , I think that one works itself out over time.

If you want to rob the drug barons, I agree, then full legalization is the way forward IMO.

Portugal has a 15 year track record of this approach and 15 years of declining drug use. In effect you get the best of both worlds.

I can take or leave cannabis legalization (I don't even drink as I never really liked it, but screwing with drunks at parties is fun) minus its use as political fodder.

But confisca ... no let's call it for what it is, the STEALING of people's property under a false pretense of drug prevention is just straight out theft.

I don't give a damn what political party, that is flat wrong and something only the worse of humans would do.

newfie

If you want to rob the drug barons, I agree, then full legalization is the way forward IMO.

Portugal has a 15 year track record of this approach and 15 years of declining drug use. In effect you get the best of both worlds.

I can take or leave cannabis legalization (I don't even drink as I never really liked it, but screwing with drunks at parties is fun) minus its use as political fodder.

But confisca ... no let's call it for what it is, the STEALING of people's property under a false pretense of drug prevention is just straight out theft.

I don't give a damn what political party, that is flat wrong and something only the worse of humans would do.

I wont loose any sleep over stealing from the those who have brought so much pain and suffering to this country. I understand the principles of your position but I cant get myself concerned about those slime balls losing everything.

wkmac

I wont loose any sleep over stealing from the those who have brought so much pain and suffering to this country. I understand the principles of your position but I cant get myself concerned about those slime balls losing everything.

You've got a lot of assumptions built in.

Nothing else to be said here it would seem.

Sportello

Banned
Dammit. Learn the difference between lose and loose. I know it took you a long time to figure out your and you're, but you did it.

Get yourself one of these:
http://6h2.xyz/bigly_fjff_HIGH-ENERGY_gxcz_deport-them_st0rmfront

Future

Victory Ride
Just making a general statement .... Trump uses language ...that is off the cuff.... but ya know what ?
It's everyone who is a Americans thoughts

wkmac

20770332_10155419228742870_5270073079764206717_n.jpg