Phillies get schooled!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I was being presumptuous I humbley stand corrected ! Until they meet again hopefully at the end of October when the leaves are falling,the stripers are running ,and only the best of the best are still playing.
That is enough humility we still won the series ! LOL

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Best record in Baseball but the Braves are hanging tough, Big test this week end in Atlanta the three All Stars are pitching Doc,Lee,and Hamels.
PS Vote for Shane !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Stewie, is it just me or do they seem to play more games in the first half of the season than they used to? Most if not all of the teams will have played 90 games before the All-Star Game, leaving only 72 regular season games. Did they push the All-Star Game back in recent years and I just didn't notice?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Stewie, is it just me or do they seem to play more games in the first half of the season than they used to? Most if not all of the teams will have played 90 games before the All-Star Game, leaving only 72 regular season games. Did they push the All-Star Game back in recent years and I just didn't notice?
Here you go.....
The Major League Baseball All-Star Game, also known as the "Midsummer Classic", is an annual baseball game between players from the National League and the American League, currently selected by a combination of fans, players, coaches, and managers. The All-Star Game usually occurs on the second Tuesday in July and marks the symbolic halfway point in the Major League Baseball (MLB) season (though not the mathematical halfway point; in most seasons, that actually takes place one week earlier). The game is usually played on a Tuesday, with no regular-season games scheduled on the day before or the day after. From 1959 to 1962, two All-Star Games were held each season, but this format was abandoned. Players usually wear their own team uniforms.

PS I do not like the fact that the winning league gets home field advantage in the World Series . A couple of ideas for that would be the alternating year format as in years past,the overall record in interleague play, or the winner in home run derby.(kinda like a hockey shoot out)

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I actually like the home field advantage idea. What I don't like is the proposed expansion of the playoffs next year--they are talking about adding a 2nd wild card team to each league, with either a one game playoff or a best of three.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Rauuuulllll !!! with the walk off in the 10th and the Cinderella Bull Pen ! Juan Perez ? A nine pitch 3 strike out inning ???? Phils take Braves in the first game of the series 3-2. Can't wait for game 2 @ 4 today.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Another 2 out of 3 from the Cuby's the Pardes are in for 4 this weekend. 61 wins the best record in baseball and they are still bitching here . Need a right handed bat for the home stretch run. Is Hunter Pence available,Will the Mets trade Beltran to a division rival.Maybe Heath Bell will stay after the weekend.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Hunter season for the Phillies?
Paul Hagen: It's impossible to say for certain that Ruben Amaro Jr. will be able to pull off a deal. But there's no doubt who Plan A should be: Hunter Pence of the Astros.
I hope so ! It puts the Phils a leg up on Atlanta and ready for the American League in October.