Piling on resi because it's resi

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I went shopping on Saturday:

images
Nice! Lease was already up on the '13 Altima or did they buy it out early for you? When I bought a car this last winter I test drove a Nissan because you and another guy said you liked yours, but I ended up going with a used GM product.

JL 0513

Geez, you have to bid to cover someone's vacation week there? Only 2 cover drivers can run my route. If they were to both book off on a day I was out a sup would have to run it (poorly) with a random cover guy.

When I was a cover guy (and I've toyed with the idea of giving up my route and going back to being a cover/swing guy in a nicer area/center) I was regularly on a route for at least a week at a time. I knew about 8-10 routes and most of them were high seniority guys who had a lot of weeks. One guy took 6 weeks in January/February each year so I was basically on his route for most of the winter. One route I was on everyday for 6 months because the guy was out on comp. With the most recent contract, a cover of that length would have to be bid among the cover guys.

When there was a week where none of the routes I knew were open for the whole week, they'd usually call a guy with about 12 years in who they knew would take dead days and I'd do the route for 3 days of the week and he'd come in for 2. This happened so many times the businesses started calling it my route.

This is kinda why I plan to stay cover. Right now I cover lots of cushy routes for guys who have 30 years seniority. While guys with 10 years more seniority than me bid routes in the ghetto.

JL 0513

I agree or at least a maxima. But realistically, if it ain't German it ain't nothing special.

German cars are garbage unless you trade near the end of the warranty and keep buying new every 3 years. Unless you don't mind the expensive and often repair bills.

My Japanese car ('07) runs as if brand new at 171,000 miles. Just one minor repair so far. Every part is original except tires, battery, wipers, and serpentine belt. Even brake pads and struts are original.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
German cars are garbage unless you trade near the end of the warranty and keep buying new every 3 years. Unless you don't mind the expensive and often repair bills.

My Japanese car ('07) runs as if brand new at 171,000 miles. Just one minor repair so far. Every part is original except tires, battery, wipers, and serpentine belt. Even brake pads and struts are original.

Yaris, right?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We bought a 2013 Sentra Aug. 2013 for $16K+ and zero percent financing for 36 months. Less then 8K on the clock right now as we mostly drive our old cars to work and home. The Altima is a great value.

This is my third Altima. I splurged on this one-----navigation, sunroof, lane departure warning, blind spot warning, heated seats/steering wheel/side mirror. $2,700 in lease cash paid off my 2013 and the $2K I saved through VPP let me drive it home for just my autograph.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
German cars being bad is nonsense. They'll last as long you take care of them and give them proper maintenance. They're just made with such precision that they don't handle neglect very well.

Porsche, for example, consistently tops the reliability charts.

Any stigmas that they are bad likely stem from dopes driving around in BMW crossover SUVs who don't know the first thing about their vehicle but they have money and like the badge.