PJM Advisory

bacha29

You pointed out that a solar farm being built can supply power to 1500 homes. OK, how many solar farms would it take to address a power shortfall given that fossil fuels are being pushed out? Assuming you do keep natural gas to some extent.

And much smaller nuclear plants have been developed.

The founder of the Weather Channel, a respected climatologist, says climate change is a hoax. Others have too.

You may not have noticed but we recently went through a number of years with cooler temps.
The Weather Channel is a for profit ad revenue dependent media channel that I pay zero attention to. The only forecasts that I pay attention are those from NOAA and the National Weather Service.

Now this AM utilities nationwide are warning the public that the grid is at maximum output and either it reduces demand or rolling blackouts will begin.

The US Forest Service is providing 1 billion in dollars in grants to pay for new tree plantings in an effort to cool down the planet while HUD is providing another 1 billion for cooling centers and to help pay to upgrade buildings so they don't use so damn much power.

And there you sit down there sweating like a hog in record heat and you're telling me that the planet is getting cooler.

Thebrownblob

The Weather Channel is a for profit ad revenue dependent media channel that I pay zero attention to. The only forecasts that I pay attention are those from NOAA and the National Weather Service.

Now this AM utilities nationwide are warning the public that the grid is at maximum output and either it reduces demand or rolling blackouts will begin.

The US Forest Service is providing 1 billion in dollars in grants to pay for new tree plantings in an effort to cool down the planet while HUD is providing another 1 billion for cooling centers and to help pay to upgrade buildings so they don't use so damn much power.

And there you sit down there sweating like a hog in record heat and you're telling me that the planet is getting cooler.
It’s summer time so…………..

It’s hot! 😂

Here’s another amazing fact.

In the winter……….

It’s cold.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Meanwhile, China is building massive coal burning plants to manufacture stuff for us. You want the Green Raw Deal, you need generating capacity. Solar and wind won't be enough.

Wally

A single year heatwave in the United States is not a valid comparison to the corroborated data that clearly points to a PLANET that is getting hotter by the year.

You can dismiss the data if you want, nobody cares whether you do or not, the only question that matters is can you disprove it?
The earth has been frozen too, many times. Nothing but normal.

Thebrownblob

A single year heatwave in the United States is not a valid comparison to the corroborated data that clearly points to a PLANET that is getting hotter by the year.

You can dismiss the data if you want, nobody cares whether you do or not, the only question that matters is can you disprove it?
Oh my gosh, let’s give the government some more money so they can fix this. They’re really good at fixing things.

Thebrownblob

The earth has been frozen too, many times. Nothing but normal.
To a self important leftist that thinks they control everything they even think they can control the weather. Lol human beings are like a fork in the wind to mother nature. A little bit smelly butt goes away quick.

vantexan

I didn't tell you the planet is getting cooler. I said we just went through.a cooling period. So much so that the term "global warming" was changed to "climate change" by the environmental activists.

By the way in Florida our summer has been a little milder than normal.

Wally

9181850li43ozbf-gif.401917

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I never said solar farms could supply 100% BUT the well established facts whether you want to accept it or not those big old coal and nukes which take a battalion size group of people to run them simply cannot compete in a deregulated market.

Instead of 200 or more people to run those old things the smaller gas plants that can be put up in half the time employ only a couple of dozen and the solar farms 2 or 3 with nowhere near the pollution. And the cancelled gas power plant I mentioned earlier. The one turbine was designed to go on PJM and the other was to go up north. Andy Ott of PJM told the developers that they would have to find a way to cut 70 million dollars out of the construction cost if they had any chance of competing in a deregulated market with no guarantee that they would even need the power to begin with,

Not to mention the fact that the amperage losses from trying to push power through those old grid lines is substantial.

And BTW global temperatures have been slowly move up for the past several decades. The most important fact however is that I've not heard a single qualified climatologist who will tell you that it's not going to get worse.
Ironic that you are a proponent of fossil fueled (NG) generators as the solutions, while simultaneously proclaiming Global Warming is Caused by Fossil Fuels!

bacha29

Ironic that you are a proponent of fossil fueled (NG) generators as the solutions, while simultaneously proclaiming Global Warming is Caused by Fossil Fuels!
Industry analysts consider NG to be a "bridge fuel". Burns cleaner than coal but still has emissions . What forms of energy and what will fuel them will like just about every other venture will be decided on the basis of where they money goes.