PJM Advisory

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Industry analysts consider NG to be a "bridge fuel". Burns cleaner than coal but still has emissions . What forms of energy and what will fuel them will like just about every other venture will be decided on the basis of where they money goes.
So..........you were just parroting industry analysts, not agreeing with them???

Riiiiiiiighttttt!:thumbsup:

vantexan

Industry analysts consider NG to be a "bridge fuel". Burns cleaner than coal but still has emissions . What forms of energy and what will fuel them will like just about every other venture will be decided on the basis of where they money goes.
Will be fascinating to watch y'all destroy the country getting us completely off fossil fuel. Never mind the structural problems, full speed ahead!

oldngray

nowhere special
Will be fascinating to watch y'all destroy the country getting us completely off fossil fuel. Never mind the structural problems, full speed ahead!
Solar and wind might be able to provide 20-30% of the energy required. On a good day.

And that is before they push far more electric vehicles and appliances on people.

bacha29

So..........you were just parroting industry analysts, not agreeing with them???

Riiiiiiiighttttt!:thumbsup:
Give it to you straight. Right now I hold 3500 shares of First Energy common stock. if you want to know how I feel about clean energy then all you need to do is to read FE's mission statement. I don't sit in my father's house while he pays for my air conditioning . I have money at risk in the pursuit of cleaner energy.

Yes, your power will be cleaner and it will be expensive....deal with it.

If you think you would enjoy living every one of your remaining days in a polluted environment. might I suggest Flint Michigan, Jackson Mississippi, East Palestine Ohio , New Delhi India or some place closer like West Virginia. A state comprised of nothing but people on acid and mountains leaking it.

bacha29

These idiots are going to take us back to the Stone Age. We need cheep coal burning power plants now.
Thera re no CHEAP coal fired power plants. The ones that have been shut down were due to high operating costs, the cost of modernization and cleanup would have been too high and therefore would not have been able to compete in a deregulated market.

vantexan

Give it to you straight. Right now I hold 3500 shares of First Energy common stock. if you want to know how I feel about clean energy then all you need to do is to read FE's mission statement. I don't sit in my father's house while he pays for my air conditioning . I have money at risk in the pursuit of cleaner energy.

Yes, your power will be cleaner and it will be expensive....deal with it.

If you think you would enjoy living every one of your remaining days in a polluted environment. might I suggest Flint Michigan, Jackson Mississippi, East Palestine Ohio , New Delhi India or some place closer like West Virginia. A state comprised of nothing but people on acid and mountains leaking it.
340 or so million people, thousands of towns, and according to you they'll end up like Flint or East Palestine because of fossil fuel.

My SS starts in February. My dad is helping me get my bills paid by not charging me rent. Plan to put everything into investments after my bills, including my taxes, are paid off. I may even invest in Exxon a bit just to rub your cantankerous nose in it.

bacha29

340 or so million people, thousands of towns, and according to you they'll end up like Flint or East Palestine because of fossil fuel.

My SS starts in February. My dad is helping me get my bills paid by not charging me rent. Plan to put everything into investments after my bills, including my taxes, are paid off. I may even invest in Exxon a bit just to rub your cantankerous nose in it.
Wait SS is a 100% Democrat domestic social program. One who is 100% dyed in the wool conservative wouldn't even think about applying for benefits. Oh, that's right SS is the only retirement program whose deposits are federally insured. Too bad a lot of people learned that fact the hard way in 2001 and 2008.

The direction of US energy policy will be guided by where the money goes. And you and your coal plants?
I haven't heard of a single licensing permit being applied for a coal plant in quite some time. Is it any wonder?

The battalion size group of people needed to mine those millions of tons of coal that has to be mined and shipped into the plant, scrubbed with lime to draw down the sulfer enough to make it clean enough to burn. And that ain't the half of it.

It's the staggering cost of finding a safe place to store those millions of tons of hazardous fly ash. Even more costly if you have to truck it to that storage location.

vantexan

Wait SS is a 100% Democrat domestic social program. One who is 100% dyed in the wool conservative wouldn't even think about applying for benefits. Oh, that's right SS is the only retirement program whose deposits are federally insured. Too bad a lot of people learned that fact the hard way in 2001 and 2008.

The direction of US energy policy will be guided by where the money goes. And you and your coal plants?
I haven't heard of a single licensing permit being applied for a coal plant in quite some time. Is it any wonder?

The battalion size group of people needed to mine those millions of tons of coal that has to be mined and shipped into the plant, scrubbed with lime to draw down the sulfer enough to make it clean enough to burn. And that ain't the half of it.

It's the staggering cost of finding a safe place to store those millions of tons of hazardous fly ash. Even more costly if you have to truck it to that storage location.
Do you live in a vacuum and never remember previous conversations? I've told you a million times before, well, close to a dozen, that I think SS is the best idea Democrats ever had. That it was the law of the land before we were born. It's ludicrous to tell anyone they must contribute to it but shouldn't take anything from it.

Coal has been mined forever. Where are all these hazardous waste sites you speak of?

Have you even looked at the amount of numerous minerals it takes to build an EV battery and then multiply that by billions of vehicles worldwide? There's not even enough for the U.S. with some minerals.

But like all good soldiers you'll run us right into the ground because that's what the progressives want.

bacha29

Do you live in a vacuum and never remember previous conversations? I've told you a million times before, well, close to a dozen, that I think SS is the best idea Democrats ever had. That it was the law of the land before we were born. It's ludicrous to tell anyone they must contribute to it but shouldn't take anything from it.

Coal has been mined forever. Where are all these hazardous waste sites you speak of?

Have you even looked at the amount of numerous minerals it takes to build an EV battery and then multiply that by billions of vehicles worldwide? There's not even enough for the U.S. with some minerals.

But like all good soldiers you'll run us right into the ground because that's what the progressives want.
You must not have heard about the TVA fly ash dump mess in Kingston Tennessee or the Davis-Besse fly ash dam collapse south of Pittsburgh. Likewise you might be quite surprised to find out what's in the stuff if you looked it up.

The flat out reality whether you want to accept it or not and that is those old coal fired power plants simply cannot compete in a deregulated utility rate market which now encompasses 30 states and DC HB6/Generation Now scandal is proof of that. The CEO of First Energy Chuck Jones along with other high level executives were fired . Two weeks ago the former speaker of the Ohio state legislature Larry Householder got 20 years for his role in the scam. One of his hand maid's Matt Borges got 5 years and a third named conspirator shot himself.

I'm no expert when it comes to the utility industry but I have been following developments in it for the past 45 years. When I mentioned the PJM announcement suddenly despite having paid scant attention to what's going on in the industry you make comments based on a description of an industry at least 20 years in the past.

And as I have mentioned many times before you might be one of those fair weather conservatives I encounter every day. Big supporters 100% of those Democrat social programs that you can collect benefits from but angerly oppose any proposed new social program from which you will not be able to collect benefits. Do not feel bad. I encounter them every day.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I guess that means you don't ever drive on the Interstate Highway system, then.

bacha29

You must not have heard about the TVA fly ash dump mess in Kingston Tennessee or the Davis-Besse fly ash dam collapse south of Pittsburgh. Likewise you might be quite surprised to find out what's in the stuff if you looked it up.

The flat out reality whether you want to accept it or not and that is those old coal fired power plants simply cannot compete in a deregulated utility rate market which now encompasses 30 states and DC HB6/Generation Now scandal is proof of that. The CEO of First Energy Chuck Jones along with other high level executives were fired . Two weeks ago the former speaker of the Ohio state legislature Larry Householder got 20 years for his role in the scam. One of his hand maid's Matt Borges got 5 years and a third named conspirator shot himself.

I'm no expert when it comes to the utility industry but I have been following developments in it for the past 45 years. When I mentioned the PJM announcement suddenly despite having paid scant attention to what's going on in the industry you make comments based on a description of an industry at least 20 years in the past.

And as I have mentioned many times before you might be one of those fair weather conservatives I encounter every day. Big supporters 100% of those Democrat social programs that you can collect benefits from but angerly oppose any proposed new social program from which you will not be able to collect benefits. Do not feel bad. I encounter them every day.
Correction. Bruce Mansfield was the FE plant that had the fly as dam collapse. Davis Besse was the FE owned nuke up near lake Erie. The NRC came in for a routine inspection and found a hole the size of a basketball in the crown of the reactor. Don't remember what the fine was but something in the range of 30 million but the plant went off line and it cost FE 600 million bucks to make the necessary repairs. It did get it's operating license extended by continues to struggle in the deregulated market. Bruce Mansfield closed 2 years ago.

vantexan

Fair weather eh? You act like we're the only ones benefiting from SS. Belongs to everyone who worked enough quarters. Acting like conservatives don't have a right to it is BS.

Meanwhile a fair percentage of electric generation is still done by coal and it's not the environmental disaster you're claiming.

And I've said a million times social programs are great if you can afford them. How do you afford them? Not by printing money out of thin air. When will you acknowledge that we've already overspent and are maxed out? I'm eligible for programs that everyone else is. I'm not bitching that someone is getting something I'm not. I'm just pointing out that with the hole we're in you don't climb out by digging deeper.

vantexan

Ask the think tank how many coal fired energy plants in Texas were shut down by the Obama administration? If there are strains on the system it's because a major portion of the system was removed.

bacha29

Fair weather eh? You act like we're the only ones benefiting from SS. Belongs to everyone who worked enough quarters. Acting like conservatives don't have a right to it is BS.

Meanwhile a fair percentage of electric generation is still done by coal and it's not the environmental disaster you're claiming.

And I've said a million times social programs are great if you can afford them. How do you afford them? Not by printing money out of thin air. When will you acknowledge that we've already overspent and are maxed out? I'm eligible for programs that everyone else is. I'm not bitching that someone is getting something I'm not. I'm just pointing out that with the hole we're in you don't climb out by digging deeper.
I never said that so called " conservatives" did not deserve benefits. What I point to is the lack of a consistent conservative stand on issues. The manner by which conservatives exempt from their wrath those programs from which they can collect benefits while the ones from which they cannot collect benefits are as you clearly pointed out are not "affordable". They seem to believe that the public doesn't see their cherry picking.

Perhaps it's one of the reasons why you don't hear much out of the so called Freedom Caucus these days. The 25% across the board cut in ALL federal programs with the funding gap dumped onto the states.....The states pushed back and the senior care community made it clear that it would quit the business in mass.