Planned Parenthood

Sportello

Due to contraceptions[sic]?

Or maybe because abortions eliminate allot[sic] of them?

No they get impregnated by horny little piss ant boys that can barely control themselves when the girls are fully clothed. LOL. I just can't believe how revealing parents are letting their teenage (or younger) daughters dress. They might as well be telling them to go out and get laid with as many teenage boys as they can.

What is it? Contraception, abortion or education that is leading to a decline in teen pregnancy? Or just a shortage of horny teenagers and revealing clothing?

You are making a fool of yourself, as is customary.

wkmac

Or maybe because abortions eliminate allot of them?

From the CDC website

In 2011, 730,322 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas. The abortion rate for 2011 was 13.9 abortions per 1,000 women ages 15–44, and the abortion ratio was 219 abortions per 1,000 live births.

Compared with 2010, the total number and rate of reported abortions for 2011 decreased 5%, and the abortion ratio decreased 4%. Additionally, from 2002 to 2011, the number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions decreased 13%, 14%, and 12%, respectively. Given the large decreases in the total number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions from 2010 to 2011, in combination with decreases that occurred during 2008-2010, all three measures reached historic lows.

Women in their twenties accounted for the majority of abortions in 2011 and throughout the period of analysis. The majority of abortions in 2011 took place early in gestation: 91.4% of abortions were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation; a smaller number of abortions (7.3%) were performed at 14–20 weeks’ gestation, and even fewer (1.4%) were performed at ≥21 weeks’ gestation. In 2011, 19.1% of all abortions were medical abortions. Source: MMWR 2014;63(11)

Overpaid Union Thug

What is it? Contraception, abortion or education that is leading to a decline in teen pregnancy? Or just a shortage of horny teenagers and revealing clothing?

You are making a fool of yourself, as is customary.

Oh how exactly am I making a fool of myself pray tell? I know you can't possibly be referring to my questioning why TEENS are getting pregnant less. Fools don't ask questions. I do. And I am going with contraception as the main reason for having less TEEN pregnancies. But they are having sex and that's the point (which went right over your head). Teens are having sex and their parents seem to be ok with it nowadays. The more skin parents let their daughters wear the lower the self esteem they will have. But no worries....there's always plenty of contraceptives and over reaching school teachers to help keep the parents from having to deviate from their Facebook and reality tv time to actually fill their roles as parental role models.

MAKAVELI

Oh how exactly am I making a fool of myself pray tell? I know you can't possibly be referring to my questioning why TEENS are getting pregnant less. Fools don't ask questions. I do. And I am going with contraception as the main reason for having less TEEN pregnancies. But they are having sex and that's the point (which went right over your head). Teens are having sex and their parents seem to be ok with it nowadays. The more skin parents let their daughters wear the lower the self esteem they will have. But no worries....there's always plenty of contraceptives and over reaching school teachers to help keep the parents from having to deviate from their Facebook and reality tv time to actually fill their roles as parental role models.
You are a fool if you think you or any other parent can stop their teenage kids from having sex.

Overpaid Union Thug

You are a fool if you think you or any other parent can stop their teenage kids from having sex.

A fool? I call it being a parent. A good parent can do lots of things if they just try. A fool is a lazy parent that thinks that teens having sex is just "normal" and does little or nothing to teach and persuade their kids from having sex until they are responsible enough to face the possible consequences.

MAKAVELI

A fool? I call it being a parent. A good parent can do lots of things if they just try. A fool is a lazy parent that thinks that teens having sex is just "normal" and does little or nothing to teach and persuade their kids from having sex until they are responsible enough to face the possible consequences.
You must be like 85 years old. Way out of touch bro.;)

Overpaid Union Thug

You must be like 85 years old. Way out of touch bro.;)

Oh quite the contrary. I'm in touch. In touch with my kids and their lives and I try to raise them right. If you want to let your kids fall victim to "modern times" by being a "hip" parent then go right ahead. Mine are getting raised to be responsible and productive members of society instead of just letting them losing them to this new "everything goes" BS.

Those 85 years olds are part of a generation that I look up to. Now people like that are slowly but surely headed towards being in the minority.

MAKAVELI

Oh quite the contrary. I'm in touch. In touch with my kids and their lives and I try to raise them right. If you want to let your kids fall victim to "modern times" by being a "hip" parent then go right ahead. Mine are getting raised to be responsible and productive members of society instead of just letting them losing them to this new "everything goes" BS.

Those 85 years olds are part of a generation that I look up to. Now people like that are slowly but surely headed towards being in the minority.
And the parents who believe their kids are angels are the same ones who are oblivious to what their kids do outside the home. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Overpaid Union Thug

It also doesn't make you a good parent.
It sure as hell doesn't make anyone a bad parent. They don't always listen and there's also outside influences that corrupt them. Such as kids with liberal parents (not necessarily politically) and school teachers that are way too liberal with the kids as well.

Then there is TV shows and movies that can corrupt. To not teach the kids to avoid those might as well be neglect. So is letting them believe that having sex out of wedlock while unemployed is OK because teachers and parents are handing out contraceptives and because its the modern way.

MAKAVELI

It sure as hell doesn't make anyone a bad parent. They don't always listen and there's also outside influences that corrupt them. Such as kids with liberal parents (not necessarily politically) and school teachers that are way too liberal with the kids as well.

Then there is TV shows and movies that can corrupt. To not teach the kids to avoid those might as well be neglect. So is letting them believe that having sex out of wedlock while unemployed is OK because teachers and parents are handing out contraceptives and because its the modern way.
Oh boy. You really are out of touch with reality.

Overpaid Union Thug

Oh boy. You really are out of touch with reality.
How's that? If I weren't in touch with reality then I wouldnt realize these things. Are you saying that it's OK that parents are letting, or even encouraging, their kids have sex? Well you just have at it then but your kids are more likely to be burdens to the tax payer than mine.

Have fun having the majority of conversations with your daughter be about how her baby's daddy (likely several baby's daddys) aren't forking over child support. And your son hitting you up for money to pay his.

MAKAVELI

How's that? If I weren't in touch with reality then I wouldnt realize these things. Are you saying that it's OK that parents are letting, or even encouraging, their kids have sex? Well you just have at it then but your kids are more likely to be burdens to the tax payer than mine.

Have fun having the majority of conversations with your daughter be about how her baby's daddy (likely several baby's daddys) aren't forking over child support. And your son hitting you up for money to pay his.
You really have a lot of hatred for your fellow human being, don't you?

MAKAVELI

That's all it is Over. It's his way or no way. He is right and that's all there is. A very egotistical person
On the contrary, I'm a human being. Capable of making mistakes in life, just like my kids. I don't love them any less for whatever mistakes they make and hope they learn from them. Mr OUT is the egotistical manic that believes he and his kids are infallible and everyone who doesn't subscribe to his beliefs are beneath him and doesn't deserve any love and compassion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My daughter was very fortunate that her Mom was (is) a nurse. She was one of the better educated girls in her class. Was she an angel? For the most part. All I know is that she waited until she was 30 before having a child so Mom and Dad must have done something right along the way.

Overpaid Union Thug

On the contrary, I'm a human being. Capable of making mistakes in life, just like my kids. I don't love them any less for whatever mistakes they make and hope they learn from them. Mr OUT is the egotistical manic that believes he and his kids are infallible and everyone who doesn't subscribe to his beliefs are beneath him and doesn't deserve any love and compassion.
You couldn't be more lost if you wondered into a maze blindfolded. We don't think we or our kids are infallible. What we do know is that it's our responsibility to raise them in a way that best protects them at a young age from things that you think are norms nowadays and that will hopefully teach them to avoid them on their own as they get older. Simply letting them make certain mistakes and hoping they'll learn from them is not going to cut it. That doesn't make anyone an egotistical maniac. It makes them a better parent for their kids.

Last edited: