PM dispatch

Arcfyre

Ok, so question. I'm a FT swing driver covering one of the heaviest routes in the building this week. I touched 1000 pieces on Monday with the rollover from the holiday weekend. Today was a more normal day, I touched 700.

Anyway, at 530, after I finished the route, I was told to pick up another DIAD and drive out with an empty to take some stops off another driver. All due respect to the more senior drivers, but after 700 pieces, I feel like I've done enough for one day. Not really interested in going out to do more work. Do I have any way of turning the PM dispatch down? Or am I screwed with my low senority? Thanks in advance for your constructive replies.

Arcfyre

Slow down

I took a full break and lunch today. I don't run. The route is heavy industrial, 70-90 stops, 46 pickups. The last pickup is at 1700, and you need to be there on time, otherwise they are closed.

Back to the point, is there anything in the contract that says "I did my work for the day, leave me alone?"

UPSGUY72

I took a full break and lunch today. I don't run. The route is heavy industrial, 70-90 stops, 46 pickups. The last pickup is at 1700, and you need to be there on time, otherwise they are closed.

Back to the point, is there anything in the contract that says "I did my work for the day, leave me alone?"

No the only way to be sure that your not getting sent back out to help is slow down and not finish early otherwise you run that chance

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No the only way to be sure that your not getting sent back out to help is slow down and not finish early otherwise you run that chance
Well. If you've been on the clock for 8 hours and taken all of your break and you're back at the building. They can't send you back out.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That may be. And being a cover driver the op should just do whatever they say with a big smile on his face.

They used to try to send me back out if I got done too early. I'd just point to the lower seniority person pulling on to the fuel pumps and leave.

slappyhappy

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1436315819.683350.jpg

Brownslave688

They used to try to send me back out if I got done too early. I'd just point to the lower seniority person pulling on to the fuel pumps and leave.
I think that's kind of a bull:censored2: move. Everyone at my center thinks because they have 1 or 2 guys under them they shouldn't have to do anything. For the first 5 years of my career I never said a word. Just went and did the work. I wouldn't want to be stuck out there til 10pm so why would I leave someone else out to dry.

PT Car Washer

I think that's kind of a bull:censored2: move. Everyone at my center thinks because they have 1 or 2 guys under them they shouldn't have to do anything. For the first 5 years of my career I never said a word. Just went and did the work. I wouldn't want to be stuck out there til 10pm so why would I leave someone else out to dry.
You are a good person. Unfortunately some guys look at it as those guys still out there working have been dragging their tails all day and now I have to bail them out.

Brownslave688

You are a good person. Unfortunately some guys look at it as those guys still out there working have been dragging their tails all day and now I have to bail them out.
I'm not gonna lie there's 1 or 2 guys I have told to never be sent to help again. That has less to do with how slow they are though and more to do with you helping them and them getting in an hour before you.

box_beeyotch

Why would you turn down helping an older senior driver in need? That's our job as low seniority young men. You never know when one day you will need help and they will come bail you out.