Police Brutality & Executions

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If a cop is showing no respect for the law or your rights then you need to be calm and cooperative. Take his badge#, document what is occurring, get an attorney and report him. Your complaint will have far more credibility if they don't have you on video being rude and obnoxious and disrespectful. The sad reality is that arguing by the side of the road with someone who has a gun and a badge and a set of handcuffs isn't usually going to end well for you.
I agree with you that is the best way to handle it.
The problem is that not everyone can afford to get an attorney, and reporting a cop doesn't usually accomplish anything. It's he said/she said, and we both know who the department is going to believe.

I'm not suggesting violent resistance, or even being rude.... but for a large portion of the population, "arguing" by the side of the road is the closest they will ever get to having their voices heard.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Since when is it against the law to be rude and obnoxious? Cops get compensated very well to deal with those situations professionally without the use of excessive or unnecessary force. If they cannot be professional then they don't deserve to wear the uniform and badge.
We pay salaries to the police so that they can catch bad guys and put them in jail.

Any time they spend arguing with me or dealing with me being rude and obnoxious is time (and my tax dollars) that is being wasted. It is time that they could spend chasing actual bad guys instead.

Police officers are also trained to be assertive in order to establish verbal control and domination of a situation so that they can gain compliance and avoid taking it to the next level i.e. physical force. This often comes across as being very rude and intimidating. Deal with it. They don't always have the luxury of being able to be nice and sensitive to everybody they meet, and they aren't there to make you happy. They are also human beings and like any human being they are susceptible to the effects of adrenaline and fear and there is no amount of training that can fully eliminate that. As civilians, you and I have the luxury of being able to run away from gunfire; they have to run towards it.