Police Brutality & Executions

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wrong....but go ahead and bow to your masters

No one should be disrespectful or "puff your chest out", but to not comply with an officers wish when they are simply fishing for information to hang you with, and have no concern with your safety or well-being - no way I'm giving a stranger and possible criminal, or etc., my identification.

Guess what? Cops fish, get used to it.

You're out driving at 3am, they're going to fish to see if you're tipsy.

Pot stickers/emblems all over your car, you guessed it. They'll fish for the smell of weed.

Cops are hardly my "masters", yet I'm not so stupid that when I get pulled over (through my own fault) I'm going to ignore what the cop tells me to do, and become argumentative and present an aggressive attitude, because that'll only make matters worse.

I watched that terrible video in its entirety, and had that stupid girl just complied with his request, the whole thing would have been a non event. Yet since she "knows her rights" (of a BS "movement") she escalated the situation which then led to him becoming more forceful with her.

Just start tazing the hell out of these schmucks, that might teach them something.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
She didn't do anything illegal. And as a passenger she doesn't have to show any ID as the cop requested.
The problem is that she refused to exit the vehicle, which was to be towed because the driver was being arrested.
She was delaying/obstructing the officer in the performance of his duties. Had she simply gotten out of the car she might have been able to flex her rights a little more effectively. Maybe the officer would have let her go, probably not, but we'll never know.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The problem is that she refused to exit the vehicle, which was to be towed because the driver was being arrested.
She was delaying/obstructing the officer in the performance of his duties. Had she simply gotten out of the car she might have been able to flex her rights a little more effectively. Maybe the officer would have let her go, probably not, but we'll never know.
Did you read my posts at all? I said, I'd get out of the vehicle...but never give my ID because it was unnecessary.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Did you read my posts at all? I said, I'd get out of the vehicle...but never give my ID because it was unnecessary.
Probably 99% of the people who refuse to hand over their ID to a cop are doing it because they have outstanding warrants or are on parole, or have a suspended/revoked license etc. Cops aren't stupid and they are going to keep digging away until they get the truth.

Am I legally required to hand my ID to a cop? No....but I have no interest in participating in a meaningless debate with them over my rights for half an hour either. They want to catch the bad guys. I want them to catch the bad guys. The sooner they are able to check my ID, the sooner they will realize that I'm not one of the bad guys, which means it will be that much quicker that they will be able to quit talking to me and resume their search for the actual bad guys.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
True. Unfortunately that's not always the case. Which is what this thread is actually about.

I disagree. It's always the case. If you think cops seek out minorities and want to pull them over and beat on them just to do it, you're crazy.

This dumb guy was trying to pull that "sovereign citizen" crap. I hope more people do that and get tazed by cops and have their windows shattered. I find it very amusing for me

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I disagree. It's always the case. If you think cops seek out minorities and want to pull them over and beat on them just to do it, you're crazy.

This dumb guy was trying to pull that "sovereign citizen" crap. I hope more people do that and get tazed by cops and have their windows shattered. I find it very amusing for me
You assert that if you comply with a cops demands "bad :censored2:" won't happen to you.
Did you not see the video I posted right above the one you're talking about? The guy was sitting in the back of a cop car handcuffed and was beaten for no reason. Millions of interactions happen between police and citizens everyday and nothing bad happens. That doesn't mean there aren't exceptions, there are bad cops out there.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Same could be said for any cop. When a cop shows no respect for the law and your rights they should not expect you to be cooperative.
If a cop is showing no respect for the law or your rights then you need to be calm and cooperative. Take his badge#, document what is occurring, get an attorney and report him. Your complaint will have far more credibility if they don't have you on video being rude and obnoxious and disrespectful. The sad reality is that arguing by the side of the road with someone who has a gun and a badge and a set of handcuffs isn't usually going to end well for you.

MAKAVELI

If a cop is showing no respect for the law or your rights then you need to be calm and cooperative. Take his badge#, document what is occurring, get an attorney and report him. Your complaint will have far more credibility if they don't have you on video being rude and obnoxious and disrespectful. The sad reality is that arguing by the side of the road with someone who has a gun and a badge and a set of handcuffs isn't usually going to end well for you.
Since when is it against the law to be rude and obnoxious? Cops get compensated very well to deal with those situations professionally without the use of excessive or unnecessary force. If they cannot be professional then they don't deserve to wear the uniform and badge.

wayfair

swollen member
Since when is it against the law to be rude and obnoxious? Cops get compensated very well to deal with those situations professionally without the use of excessive or unnecessary force. If they cannot be professional then they don't deserve to wear the uniform and badge.

how long have you been a cop?

wayfair

swollen member
I'm a citizen, whose taxes pays for their very generous salaries and benefits. How long have you been a doctor?

LOL, you pay there salaries.... pff, I love to hear that, it's funny stuff actually....

I've been delivering boxes for almost 25 years if you really need to know