Post Peak Peak

BCFan

From 64 drivers down to 52? Looks like Obama's economic policies are going "Forward".

In California they are using inside helpers, the volume in still over the top and not enough drivers. I am a utility driver and I have been driving the same route for the same center since December 10th, and last Friday I did 211 stops and over 300 pieces no helper. Just about every route was dispatched over 200 that's crazy. Then they told us Friday that everyday this upcoming week is going to be heavy.
Wow next week heavy...that blows glad I will be doing TAW sitting in office for 8 hours a day and watching sups take out packages as I call my BA with info and grievances....BC

Overpaid Union Thug

Good point. Let's vote for the right-wing politicians who support the interests of the billionaires and big businesses that got them into office. They'll look out for the working man! I mean, it's not like poverty rates have climbed and the middle class has shrunk while the rich have gotten richer over the past 30 years (during the rise of Republican leadership) - right? By no means am I an Obama fan, but seriously... do you think Mitt Romney cared more about your interests, or Scott Davis?

Yeah the left wing politicians have done so much for the working man. Oh wait....is raising taxes a good thing?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Worked ten plus today and had 40 stops taken off me. They crammed about 200 stops in a p57. It's still peak baby I'm lovin it.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Yeah the left wing politicians have done so much for the working man. Oh wait....is raising taxes a good thing?

I'm not a fan of left wing politicians, either. But it's the right-wingers who've paved the way for so many jobs to be shipped offshore -- heavily reducing (and sometimes eliminating) tariffs etc. If you may recall, it was left-wing courts that ruled FedEx Ground drivers were actually employees, not contractors... only to be overturned by right-wing courts.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Don't forget NAFTA. Could have been stopped.

A lot of early NAFA supporters -- including the Clintons -- will point out the bill was necessary but never intended to give breaks toward companies that moved jobs south. Of course, right-wing courts said that was OK.

L

Loufan

Almost 11 hours today as a part timer. Only the Sunday after thanksgiving was longer.

It was crazy!

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Peak 2013 has begun. 11/12+ days are the norm. Chew-em up and spit them out. Your only as good as the last package you picked up or delivered.

man-my-feet-are-exhausted-61941.jpg
man-my-feet-are-exhausted-61941.jpg

QKRSTKR

From 64 drivers down to 52? Looks like Obama's economic policies are going "Forward".
U can say that, and I no way support Obama, looks like I'll have to hurl rocks at ducks and deer in the near future, but the slide actually started under Bush. Didn't he pass a stimulus before Obama even got in office? The faster everyone like us in the middle class realize it doesn't matter who's in office, this endless debate can end.

Pisses me off when I deliver to section 8 housing, huge flat screens, x box 360, wi, big suv parked out front, hard not to say your "your welcome". Also pisses me off about rich guys like Romney paying 15% in taxes while a quarter of my check every week goes to taxes. Gross 1500 and bring home 1000. Actually looks like a 3rd to me. So basically, we re screwed either way

happybob

Feeders
Moot, although I have found that your best posts are those that no one can hear.

No one has yet to answer my question----suppose the company does create and fill more FT positions---does this mean that they hire more seasonal PT workers to fill their vacancies and let them go when the "FTers" go back to the hub? Would these new FT positions be seasonal in nature and the days worked not count toward FT seniority or would these new FTers be able to work toward gaining their seniority and be able to displace 2 PTers in order to get their 8 hours when they are laid off? If so, wouldn't that sort of defeat the purpose of creating more FT jobs? Would the free period be extended to include this post Peak Peak?

I still contend that extending the period in which helpers can be used and allowing PTers to work beyond their guarantee is the best way to deal with this post Peak Peak. Creating and filling FT jobs for such a relatively short period of time would be a logistical nightmare.
Isn't there a company/subdivision called UPS Logistics?
The language in the contract already deals with promoting parttimers to fulltime, and in cases of volume decreases they get bumped back to partime. It happens all the time. When those fulltimers get bumped back to partime and the company now has too many parttime workers they decide how to deal with it. Lay off or shift them around within the parttime workforce. Is it a perfect system? Not for you or me to decide, they get to decide, since it is their company.

This company has been around for over 100 years Dave. We have both been here close to or a little over 25 of them. We know what the company needs are, we've experianced them all during our days. Seasonal increases don't mean the company needs more/longer periods for driver helpers. It means we will all work more hours to cover the increase in volume, since the company will NOT add any more fulltime positions than they want to, and we suck it up and get it done. We signed on for this job and accepted thats its the norm to work long hard hours. Late 70's the company got to start using parttime hourlies to load, unload and do a lot of the work that was done by fulltime employees. That in turn allowed the company to keep it's costs down and profits high(some would say very high when it's in the billions). Allowing them to have fulltime year round driver helpers takes hours away from drivers that signed on for the job knowing is was a very high paid day. Overtime isn't wanted by everyone, and I understand that, but it is wanted by many. I'm not in package anymore(thank God for Feeders) and I see many feeder drivers(myself included) that want extra hours and can't get them, since instead they cut runs to the bone. I also still have many conatcs in pakage that want the overtime and they can't get it either. Only solution, NOTHING CHANGES. The company continues to keep the fulltime workforce slim, and the seasonal increases in volume mean we all work longer hours when necessary to get the job done. JMHO

Ms.PacMan

U can say that, and I no way support Obama, looks like I'll have to hurl rocks at ducks and deer in the near future, but the slide actually started under Bush. Didn't he pass a stimulus before Obama even got in office? The faster everyone like us in the middle class realize it doesn't matter who's in office, this endless debate can end.

Pisses me off when I deliver to section 8 housing, huge flat screens, x box 360, wi, big suv parked out front, hard not to say your "your welcome". Also pisses me off about rich guys like Romney paying 15% in taxes while a quarter of my check every week goes to taxes. Gross 1500 and bring home 1000. Actually looks like a 3rd to me. So basically, we re screwed either way

Stuck in the Middle with you - Stealers Wheel - YouTube