Post Peak Peak

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brownmonster, Jan 3, 2013.

1. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Rolled in at 8 tonight and 3/4 of the drivers were still out. My latest day of Peak season. I enjoy answering the question "so, are you glad your busy season is over". Might be time to extend the free period a week or 2 so we can keep the casuals and seasonals working. Brutal.
  2. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

same here. I'm turning in an 8 hour request for next Friday in the morning,my dispatcher will love me even more
  3. i put in my 2 8 hour requests every month..if i get them great..if not i get paid!!!I batted 500 last year..i got paid for 10 out of 20!!!!! Also i hope to get my 3rd 9.5. tomorrow so i can opt in....Happy Newyear .boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

same here. I made a great deal of money last year on the 9.5 list,and it looks like i'll be on it again early this year
  5. brownmonster

You proved my point. We have too much volume to allow 8 hours and 9.5s. Peak is longer now, time to adjust.
  6. Dnking

Dnking FireFalcon

I'm my local they made an agreement to keep seasonal and helpers on another two weeks. We have language in our contract that states that if anyone is worked past Dec 31, then it counts toward seniority for a full time job.

Don't understand how hey came to this agreement
  7. money in someones pocket thats where the agreement came from!!! (No money for you)....or the guy on the bottom of the list....THATS FOR SURE... Question......... Where is our union? answer In U.P.S BACK POCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. brownmonster

I understand what you're saying but sometimes you need to adjust to changing conditions. Unions have a hard time with that.
  9. im not sure who i trust the least!...Big brown or The teamsters...All profits for them..not for the grunts doing the work
  10. laffter

laffter Active Member

Most drivers in my building are supposed be gone by 8:30am. I didn't clock out this morning until after 9:50am. One of my drivers probably didn't leave until 9:30am. I was actually asked if I could driver-help in one of our centers... but some point after, I heard that it was cancelled. Something about the "union not allowing it". Is that even possible? I don't know. Interesting day.
  11. dont bendover in front of either one of them..if you do you know whats gonna happen!!!
  12. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

When it comes to an 8 hour request how many times can they deny them a month?
  13. brownmonster

We had 5 helpers on road today. Same scheduled for tomorrow. Don't recall any after the 24th last year.
  14. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Worked 13 hours today and when I called in my stats the sup told me it was forcasted to be heavier tomorrow. Was told that they were recalling the seasonal drivers and putting on helpers.
  15. they have to give 10% of the routes per day an 8hr day...but only 1 per loop ...if your center has 40 routes..4 people per day can have an 8hr are allowed 2 per month except novmeber and december....hope that helps!!!!1
  16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Peak is longer? Or do they just send a quarter of the work force home everyday.
  17. They make peak longer and a quarter of the workfoce is screwing themselves out of a job!!
  18. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

If everyone was working that is available, we would not have a problem with drivers out over 10-11 hours.
  19. Monty hall is looking for a few UPS stay at home drivers...maybe he can show them whats behind curtain number 2...(can u say Mcdonalds?) or yes sir I will bring your car around!!!!!!
  20. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

I don't know about the drivers here, but on Midnight the last couple days in Orlando it still feels like peak, and Wednesday was ridiculous. Come in expecting 136k volume, ran somewhere around 170k instead. I don't know what we ran tonight but it wasn't the 125k predicted. A lot of the seasonals are back and we're still working doubles.

Something about this year is telling me peak isn't stopping at Jan 1 anymore.