Posting pictures of your Pc(load)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
CMs wife scantily clad?

ENT-honey-boo-boo-mom-looking-like-a-gross-pOs.gif

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Stealing time.
Yea if it's while you're on the clock. I take pictures of a really awful load in the morning that way when they ask what's taking me so long to finish I can show them...but I have posted them to social media...before start time of course hahaha

I heard a guy got pulled in the office for a picture he shared on one of those groups. No joke.

Not sure what the picture was, or why, but he went in for half an hour with a steward.
We had one go viral. I was able to squash it before it got to bad. The picture is still all over the place but the employee is no longer with the firm. He decided to pad his stop count by 30 to 50 stops a day about 4 months later. He resigned. They were upset that they didn't act correctly with the social media blunder and we're all over the guy. He was stupid.

ManInBrown

Don't do it. Facebook is monitored. Not worth it. We had a driver walked off for it. Back the next day, but why look for a problem.

Foamer Pyle

I could snap off a picture of my crappy load before I punch in. How would that be stealing time? I could do that almost every day. Take the picture before start time. I put my water and other personal stuff in my car before start time.

Overpaid Union Thug

Don't do it. Facebook is monitored. Not worth it. We had a driver walked off for it. Back the next day, but why look for a problem.

No one should feel intimidated/threatened to take pictures and/or post them online as long as the those actions are those that are protected by labor laws. We should never give UPS an inch on that issue. The right to address workplace issues was fought for and won. We can't back down now.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have signs posted at the guard gate and pedestrian door clearly stating no cameras are allowed. I wouldn't post things on Facebook or any other social media using my real name, I can't believe some of the things that people do.

Nike

Lol facebook is monitored, if we got people to monitor facebook we can hire another preloader for the op, or extra driver help.

gorilla75jdw

We have signs posted at the guard gate and pedestrian door clearly stating no cameras are allowed. I wouldn't post things on Facebook or any other social media using my real name, I can't believe some of the things that people do.
We also have signs at our hub that read " tobacco free facility" , but that stops no one from smoking or dipping .

gorilla75jdw

I never realized how many pansies we work with . I have never seen anyone walked out or disciplined for posting pics , and our loss prevention team knows and sees the pics , because they are Facebook friends with some of the folk's posting the pics .

What I have seen though was members of management and supervision called into H.R. for ranting about U.P.S. and posting pics of our Hub , but again even in those scenarios I haven't seen those folk's lose their jobs either . So I guess it just depends on where you work (specific hubs or centers vs. All U.P.S. facilities ) .IMHO

One of our drivers was fired for posting a pic of their terrible load. Another driver commented on pic and was also fired. They were both back 2 weeks later. This led UPS to go back and look at social media sites to see who else was posting/commenting while on the clock. They issued many warning letters for stealing time.

Overpaid Union Thug

One of our drivers was fired for posting a pic of their terrible load. Another driver commented on pic and was also fired. They were both back 2 weeks later. This led UPS to go back and look at social media sites to see who else was posting/commenting while on the clock. They issued many warning letters for stealing time.
UPS is clearly out of control. The place is a mess and they are so desperate to hide it that they've resorted to trampling on their employee's rights. Despite what many people think..... those rights (Per NLRB RULINGS) include being able to take pictures of working conditions and labor violations, recording conversations, and posting about union activity/working conditions on social media.

Having said that........ everyone involved needs to be mindful of what and how they post pictures and comments about UPS online. If it's not about working conditions then don't post it. We ARE protected by the NLRB but only when our content is considered protected concerted activity. The internet is flooded with cases/rulings that are in favor of this. UPS needs to back off and remove all "no cameras" signs off their properties.

Just a few examples......
NLRB’s Do’s and Don’ts of Employer Handbooks: Part 3

NLRB Invalidates Employer's "No Recording" Policies, Bolstering Employees' Ability to Record in the Workplace | Faegre Baker Daniels