Posts have to be reviewed by moderator

Theking30

SHORTY
Is this a change in policy or am I on a list, wow if I am on the list I totally understand. I am on the list at work to. Main because I speak my mind and usually hold nothing back. Be honest and tell it like I see it.
​Is this site run by management?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is this a change in policy or am I on a list, wow if I am on the list I totally understand. I am on the list at work to. Main because I speak my mind and usually hold nothing back. Be honest and tell it like I see it.

The auto queueing for newbies started in the last month due to a sudden increase in specious posting by a large number of newbies.
I understand that your perception that this is a "Theking" centric world but you are an insignificant speck of froth on the waves of BC.
All things will pass based on the parameters of queueing mechanism.

Johney

The auto queueing for newbies started in the last month due to a sudden increase in specious posting by a large number of newbies.
I understand that your perception that this is a "Theking" centric world but you are an insignificant speck of froth on the waves of BC.
All things will pass based on the parameters of queueing mechanism.
Even with a 2009 join date? Or is it # of post's?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Even with a 2009 join date? Or is it # of post's?

Not sure - definitely based on posts.

I have invited Cheryl or other Mods who understand the automation rules better to elaborate.

​I moderate based on what is reported by members or if I stumble across an egregious post.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Based on posts? Then if someone has say for instance >60,000 posts they would never be modded?

I know you are old and gray but this discussion is about automated assignment to a review queue before a post is allowed on the public board.
​Go back to bed!

You know me...

If you are Pro Hoffa, you will be all set in a few days. If you are Anti Hoffa, lol. Proof read, don't insult ANYONE, do not use any words that may even be remotely construed as offensive, and have your papers on hand, at the ready to show the gestapo upon request.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Due to the recent troll attack on this forum I decided to place all accounts with less than a predetermined number of posts in to the mod queue, regardless of their registration date. This decision was made after a rarely used account that was registered in 2007 was used in the most recent attack. This site has been around for a long time, apparently so has at least one of the trolls.

I'll go ahead and reduce the number of posts required to be promoted from new to regular members status. If you notice any new troll activity or offensive posts please help us keep it under control by reporting the posts so the mods can take a look.

Just as a reminder:

browncafe terms of service said:
Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

I apologize for the inconvenience some of you have gone through because your posts were queued. All suggestions or complaints are always welcome.

In case you missed the most recent troll drama here are a few threads that were posted about it:

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/forum-trolls-351625/

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/suggestion-forum-administrators-mods-351993/

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/troll-suggestion-351982/

HOTELDUNORD

I haven't bothered posting, just reading for this very reason. Been at UPS 35 years and was a steward for 15. I have input but a response ends up 3 pages later it doesn't make sense to reader.

If you are Pro Hoffa, you will be all set in a few days. If you are Anti Hoffa, lol. Proof read, don't insult ANYONE, do not use any words that may even be remotely construed as offensive, and have your papers on hand, at the ready to show the gestapo upon request.
I am Anti Scott Davis. I don't think Hoffa should be prez. But I'm not going to call him names. That be said. Scott Davis doesn't know his head from his Bass.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I haven't bothered posting, just reading for this very reason. Been at UPS 35 years and was a steward for 15. I have input but a response ends up 3 pages later it doesn't make sense to reader.

​Now your posts will come through immediately since you have 6 posts.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'll go ahead and reduce the number of posts required to be promoted from new to regular members status.

Thanks Cheryl, it has been a real drag have to read through all the low-brow posts by newbies in the Union Issues forum.

​Is this trolling?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Thanks Cheryl, it has been a real drag have to read through all the low-brow posts by newbies in the Union Issues forum.

​Is this trolling?
I'm gonna let that one roll by Hoax.

cat.gif