predictions for the next contract?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
My pet peeve will get worse. It will take 5 years to make top rate. This is, without a doubt, the worse concession
the Teamsters ever gave to UPS. FYI for all you young drivers out there. When I made seniority I made top rate
in 30 days. It never should have started. And as a retiree I fully expect to get screwed somehow. But hey, I always
expected that anyway.

I agree with you on progressions but for some reason, they don't really use it to their advantage.
Yes, it's cheaper labor but they still send these guys home instead of using that advantage on the streets.
They pay top rate veteran driver's massive overtime when new driver's driving could easily bring us in at 5, like FedEx and USPS

Our contract fight will only be centered on Health Insurance.
Healthcare prices are only gonna skyrocket.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Ahhh....right, so now you're an expert. Riiiight. You'll be the same person posting in few months asking about the pay rate on Black Friday or if Christmas Day is a Sunday, what day do we get off that week?

Expert or not, the same contract applies to someone who's been there a month or 100 years.

What's your beef all of a sudden? Beers on me dude

I agree with you on progressions but for some reason, they don't really use it to their advantage.
Yes, it's cheaper labor but they still send these guys home instead of using that advantage on the streets.
They pay top rate veteran driver's massive overtime when new driver's driving could easily bring us in at 5, like FedEx and USPS

Our contract fight will only be centered on Health Insurance.
Healthcare prices are only gonna skyrocket.
And pension

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would healthcare be an issue?

The company will continue to pay their H&W contribution. It will be up to the union as to how they want to distribute that money.

Progression, two tier and technology will be the principal issues to be discussed.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Thanks for all the best regards and wishes to you as soon as possible. Hi my name is David from your DVR. The best to make sure that the message from you in advance for your email address is a very good morning.
WTF? Someone call a medic this ones not gonna make it.

Coalminer2005

I see a two tier wage scale eventually. Grandfathering those making over 36 at the end of this contract and topping the new drivers in the upper twenties. If it doesn't happen this contract it will be down the road similar to what GM did to their employees.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I see a two tier wage scale eventually. Grandfathering those making over 36 at the end of this contract and topping the new drivers in the upper twenties. If it doesn't happen this contract it will be down the road similar to what GM did to their employees.
I'll be 3 years 3 months into my 4 year progression at the time the new contract hits. What does that mean for people like me? Do I get grandfathered in?

Tough Guy

It's my hope that we can get better 9.5 language. Specifically, being eligible to file regardless of whether you run the same route 5 days a week or not. Floaters have no protection and that has to change.