Preliminary Read on Medical Plans

vantexan

Van, it's amazing that legal immigrants can come here to the U.S., sacrifice their creature comforts for the reward of succeeding, and not blame those who made it before them.

Poorly paid workers have a choice here. It will just cost them their current comforts. And America would be the better for it.
The dirty little secret of capitalism is in order for the minority to do well the majority has to accept less. There are certainly those who come here and do well. There are many, many more who come here and work at whatever they can find to get by. Often sending money back to their family in the home country.

Look at what the Census Bureau shows with household incomes. If you put it on a graph it looks like a long slender neck at the top with the higher incomes. Fat in the middle and narrowing to a base. And that was 30 years ago. I'm betting that fat in the middle has trimmed down a bit to closer to a pyramid.

I'm not saying that we're all owed a great living and equal outcomes. What I'm saying is if you dedicate your life to a company they should at least pay the company match because the vast majority of them are in it to get wealthy and anything they can do to hold your pay down they will gladly try it.

Realistically not everyone will start a little business and do well. The money is in growth and that eventually means employees. Take care of the people who take care of you. Before Social Security the population wasn't all industrious with small businesses. Senior poverty was a real problem because there was no Social Security and pensions for average workers wasn't a thing yet. Let's be truthful about the reality. It's not whining, it's wanting to make sure we don't go back to those times. And if our ownership/management class has their way that's where we'll be.

vantexan

Ahh, now we're getting someplace. Typical MAGA. "I demand major cuts in federal spending....But don't cut spending on the programs I depend on for benefits"....(lol).
SS and Medicare are self funding. The problem is the Federal government can't resist taking money from those separate programs to spend money on all their pork barrel projects.

bacha29

SS and Medicare are self funding. The problem is the Federal government can't resist taking money from those separate programs to spend money on all their pork barrel projects.
It's now part of general revenues which allows whatever surpluses exist to be applied to other areas.

bacha29

The dirty little secret of capitalism is in order for the minority to do well the majority has to accept less. There are certainly those who come here and do well. There are many, many more who come here and work at whatever they can find to get by. Often sending money back to their family in the home country.

Look at what the Census Bureau shows with household incomes. If you put it on a graph it looks like a long slender neck at the top with the higher incomes. Fat in the middle and narrowing to a base. And that was 30 years ago. I'm betting that fat in the middle has trimmed down a bit to closer to a pyramid.

I'm not saying that we're all owed a great living and equal outcomes. What I'm saying is if you dedicate your life to a company they should at least pay the company match because the vast majority of them are in it to get wealthy and anything they can do to hold your pay down they will gladly try it.

Realistically not everyone will start a little business and do well. The money is in growth and that eventually means employees. Take care of the people who take care of you. Before Social Security the population wasn't all industrious with small businesses. Senior poverty was a real problem because there was no Social Security and pensions for average workers wasn't a thing yet. Let's be truthful about the reality. It's not whining, it's wanting to make sure we don't go back to those times. And if our ownership/management class has their way that's where we'll be.
Wow man. You're sounding more like a communist everyday.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Before Social Security the population wasn't all industrious with small businesses. Senior poverty was a real problem because there was no Social Security and pensions for average workers wasn't a thing yet. Let's be truthful about the reality. It's not whining, it's wanting to make sure we don't go back to those times. And if our ownership/management class has their way that's where we'll be.
Let's be truthful about the reality. Life expectancy in 1940 was 62 years. You weren't eligible to collect benefits until age 65. Stop acting like there was this big problem of all these old people struggling with poverty. Most people weren't living long enough to struggle with poverty in old age.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Let's be truthful about the reality. Life expectancy in 1940 was 62 years. Stop acting like there was this big problem of all these old people struggling with poverty. Most people weren't living long enough to struggle with poverty in old age.
That’s the whole problem, life expectancy. We are victims of our own success.

bacha29

And your typical retarded response. What I suggested doesn't require cuts in federal spending, it just requires the good sense to not blow the money in the first place.

But that's never your problem, because it isn't your money you're willing to spend.
Well we're cutting spending. Isn't that what you want? Or hasn't the prospect of you receiving reduced retirement benefits in order to cut spending down to a balanced level ever crossed your mind?

The other day GOP presidential candidate Chris Christie was on one of the cable news outlets, Laughed at what he said. "As president I will get those entitlements corrected".

Once again the fat fornicator ( can't use the other friend word here) was too chicken feces (can't use the S word here) to come out and tell the public that he was talking about old age retirement programs instead calling them "entitlements" which a lot of people don't even know what the word means, what specific programs he intended to cut funding support for or how big those cuts would be.

Just another tired old GOP scheme. We saw it with:
Rick Scott.....12 point plan to "save" America
Mini Bush....Privatize Social Security
Ryan....Plan to "save" Medicare
Trump....Repeal and Replace.

All went down in flames when Americans saw the kind of screwing they were going to get when they reached old age.

vantexan

Did you ever wonder why some people get paid well and others don't?
I'm 100% for people working hard, getting an education, moving up the ladder. Nothing wrong with that. But people aren't lazy, shiftless, or evil if they show up and do their job every day without moving up the ladder. And if they're being constantly pushed to accept less so that others can do better then the least that could be done for them is the company matching their SS so they have something to show for 35+ years of hard work.

UnionStrong

I'm 100% for people working hard, getting an education, moving up the ladder. Nothing wrong with that. But people aren't lazy, shiftless, or evil if they show up and do their job every day without moving up the ladder. And if they're being constantly pushed to accept less so that others can do better then the least that could be done for them is the company matching their SS so they have something to show for 35+ years of hard work.
It’s ok to have the same job for a career like UPS. The ladder is increased pay every contract, in a timely and consistent manner, and finally a pension.

vantexan

Let's be truthful about the reality. Life expectancy in 1940 was 62 years. You weren't eligible to collect benefits until age 65. Stop acting like there was this big problem of all these old people struggling with poverty. Most people weren't living long enough to struggle with poverty in old age.
That's life expectancy, not life span. Life expectancy is an average of all deaths. In 1940 people had to deal with diseases that we don't now. That brought life expectancy down. But plenty of people lived into their 80's back then. Heck Daniel Boone long before 1940 lived to 86. If you stayed healthy you could expect to live a long life just like now. But more people are doing it now because of medicines that have been developed.

UnionStrong

That's life expectancy, not life span. Life expectancy is an average of all deaths. In 1940 people had to deal with diseases that we don't now. That brought life expectancy down. But plenty of people lived into their 80's back then. Heck Daniel Boone long before 1940 lived to 86. If you stayed healthy you could expect to live a long life just like now. But more people are doing it now because of medicines that have been developed.
That’s what he said. What am I missing? Don’t actuarial tables look at average life expectancy for various groups? Life span can be way off from the average.

vantexan

It’s ok to have the same job for a career like UPS. The ladder is increased pay every contract, in a timely and consistent manner, and finally a pension.
Absolutely. How many companies can you think of like UPS that are available so that most can make that kind of money, let alone have those benefits? That's my point. With moving so much work overseas our middle class has shrunk and literally half the country are wage slaves now. SS is standing in the way of senior poverty and a lot of people who run businesses care more about that money going into their pockets instead of to their employees.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Of course they aren't, but showing up every day and doing your job is the absolute minimum effort and it doesn't pay well. Everyone knows that and people still do it, then act like they've been slighted.

vantexan

That’s what he said. What am I missing? Don’t actuarial tables look at average life expectancy for various groups? Life span can be way off from the average.
He said life expectancy in 1940 was 62 and there were very few seniors who lived past 62. No, a lot more people died young because of disease. They didn't get old and die at 62. If they stayed healthy plenty of them lived into their 80's. He is saying there were very few seniors past 62. He's trying to justify not having SS.

vantexan

Of course they aren't, but showing up every day and doing your job is the absolute minimum effort and it doesn't pay well. Everyone knows that and people still do it, then act like they've been slighted.
No, you're trying to say they don't do anything to deserve the company matching their SS tax. Those companies can't exist without the rank and file. How would you keep your job without couriers? They're just doing the bare minimum? Really?