Primer for Newer Employees

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Same here.
No triple beepy, I releasy. You can write whatever you want on the pkg. unless I rex it up to DSR or, whatever, I'm not getting a sig.

LTFedExer

Have you seen Kinkos staff pitch DSR to customers shipping stuff from the store? I almost want to jump in and say hey, don't do that; it can't be removed later on down the line and making delivery to consignees that work during the day a real pain in the ass.
Wrong....it can be removed, but ONLY by the shipper.

sweetp

DSR can only be removed from the pkg by shipper and only if its an express pkg. Ground/HOME delv it cannot be removed at all

sweetp

I totally agree,I hear about it daily...customer calls and says wtf no one was home allday I was at work..but yet pod shows he signed for it

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I totally agree,I hear about it daily...customer calls and says wtf no one was home allday I was at work..but yet pod shows he signed for it
And then the Ground driver gets 40 lashes with a wet noodle where an Express driver would be fired. Ground sucks.

CJinx

There is no official way to remove signatures on ground/hd boxes... There is sneaky way to do it with a QA scanner, but it will likely throw up red flags all over the place and get the clerk fired. I refuse to do it without a written statement from the senior manager.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There is no official way to remove signatures on ground/hd boxes... There is sneaky way to do it with a QA scanner, but it will likely throw up red flags all over the place and get the clerk fired. I refuse to do it without a written statement from the senior manager.

The smart thing to do is never, ever override or attempt to circumvent the system. Doing so puts you at-risk, even if your manager says to do it. Guess what they'll say when there is an investigation....they(the manager) will deny everything. You are the only one looking out for your best interests at this God-forsaken company. Be smart.

NewHire

As someone who has been there for just over a year, my eyes have been opened. Hard work and doing the right thing for the company, mean only more work for you, and means absolutely nothing to management. You are just a sucker they can dump more on, and it will do nothing to benefit you. If you do have a legitimate complaint, it is a waste of time trying to resolve it. I followed the chain, first my manager, then the senior manager, then the human resource representative. It would have been more productive to talk to a wall. At least a wall would not lie to me and tell me they would look into it or promise that things would change. I am not wrong on this am I ? Will things get better the longer I am there, or should I revise and circulate my recume ?

vantexan

As someone who has been there for just over a year, my eyes have been opened. Hard work and doing the right thing for the company, mean only more work for you, and means absolutely nothing to management. You are just a sucker they can dump more on, and it will do nothing to benefit you. If you do have a legitimate complaint, it is a waste of time trying to resolve it. I followed the chain, first my manager, then the senior manager, then the human resource representative. It would have been more productive to talk to a wall. At least a wall would not lie to me and tell me they would look into it or promise that things would change. I am not wrong on this am I ? Will things get better the longer I am there, or should I revise and circulate my recume ?

You pretty much nailed it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Perfect portrait of FedEx. Nothing will change until it is forced upon them, and since the union has become a non-issue there is little incentive. It's been this way for a long time. Best to move-on if you are young enough and have marketable job skills.

LTFedExer

The smart thing to do is never, ever override or attempt to circumvent the system. Doing so puts you at-risk, even if your manager says to do it. Guess what they'll say when there is an investigation....they(the manager) will deny everything. You are the only one looking out for your best interests at this God-forsaken company. Be smart.
There is one and ONLY one exception if they ask to override a DSR/ASR package. Get it writing. Cover your ass, because nobody else will do it for you.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

You nailed it x2

SmithBarney

Wouldn't a controlled release dispatched over your PowerPad also cover your ass?

I got one of these once, and since I was never "officially trained" on this practice, I had "no idea" what it meant.
I brought the package back to the CSA later, with the control number... I let them REX it, then it was delivered the next day.