Probation days for new employees question?

klolx

What is it again? Is it 30 days or 90 days? and do they have the right to fire you? I show up to work always on time but I've been having misloads lately and my trainer made me sign a paper and he explained it to me that it was for the misload. Please explain everything to me. Thank you very much

UPSGUY72

What is it again? Is it 30 days or 90 days? and do they have the right to fire you? I show up to work always on time but I've been having misloads lately and my trainer made me sign a paper and he explained it to me that it was for the misload. Please explain everything to me. Thank you very much

It's 30 working days? Unless you call in than they can start it all over again. Don't worry about the paper you signed just show up to work and do the best you can. Once you make your 30 days they can't fire you for performance they might move you to another part of the building but that could be a good thing just don't let them know that.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Some of us on here realize it Does matter whether or not you sign anything.
Especially, when the person giving the advice on an anonymous internet foru
won't take any himself.

Why would the make sure there is a specific reference to not signing anything in the contract?!?!?!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let me give one example to support my point. Each year we are asked to review and sign the Driver Release Certification. According to the locker room lawyers on this forum, we are not obligated to sign anything. Are you telling me that if you don't sign the DRC and then complete a driver release delivery which does not fall within the parameters of this certification that you would not be held liable simply because you didn't sign the DRC? It doesn't matter whether you sign it or not---you are still expected to comply with the directive.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You are expected to do your job to the best of your abilities. A contract has been made between the management of UPS and the IBT, who represents us. You are expected to follow the contract. If UPS wants additions/subtractions made to the contract, there is a procedure for this. I expect them to follow that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nice try--now do you want to answer the question? Would you be liable for a bad DR even though you didn't sign the DCR?

(I'll save you the keystrokes--the answer is "yes")