Problems with people working “off the Clock”?---Here you go

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
SCUMBAGS who subvert the contract are the LOWEST form of life......A scab is low, but you know what he is gonna do...a subversive :censored2:bag undermines the contract while trying to “appear” like a good UNION person..

AHMEN.

Please READ the grievance....you are filing on the COMPANY to pay the UNION brother what he has EARNED.....its pretty simply really...and it works because I have won several of these......and amazingly people working off the clock in the AM is very minimal

Scumbags and union "brothers " all at once. Pretty amazing.

My brothers are my brothers, period.

OPTION3

Then people who are subverting the contract are management.

I my union BROTHER is doing something subversive I will pull him aside and talk to him. If my management team is doing something subversive then I will NAIL them to the wall with blue forms.

I refuse to attack a brother when I can get to the root of the problem without doing so.
and if your subversive brother says...”BUMP THAT” and continues to work off the clock...taking food from your pre loaders mouth....then what?

PT Car Washer

The grievance is filed against the Center manager for allowing an employee to work off the clock. The Center manager has a legal responsibility to see that all Federal Labor laws are followed. Working off the clock is a violation of Federal Labor laws.

OPTION3

Funny...I’ve had pre-loaders in healthy numbers....(Who, By the way are also OUR union brothers)..Thank me and tell me its allowing them to get the hours they deserve...they also hand over the names of the off the clock workers

Overpaid Union Thug

When someone consistently works off the clock as a driver it affects time allowances for the route(s). Especially on a bid route. As an unassigned driver I do care about that because I'm one of the people that has to cover for them when they are out. These clowns are usually the same ones that run and skip their lunches too. They add 30 stops to every route they run as a bid driver. And some think this issue shouldn't be addressed because they are our "brothers" ????? Screw that. They certainly aren't my brothers. They are more like a disease.

OPTION3

When someone consistently works off the clock as a driver it affects time allowances for the route(s). Especially on a bid route. As an unassigned driver I do care about that because I'm one of the people that has to cover for them when they are out. These clowns are usually the same ones that run and skip their lunches too. They add 30 stops to every route they run as a bid driver. And some think this issue shouldn't be addressed because they are our "brothers" ????? Screw that. They certainly aren't my brothers. They are more like a disease.
CUDOS overpaid.......that is one of the “UNSAID” problems with people working off the clock.....I’ve actually been in the office when one of these ‘BROTHERS” stated to the center manager, “No one runs this route like me....I don’t know why these guys can’t run NUMBERS when I’m on vacation...I guess I’m just a much better driver”....How’s THAT for subversion?........

Last edited by a moderator:

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Yep I've seen 35 yr drivers who come in and work for free every morning and skip most of their lunch just to look good on some stupid made-up report. The real sad part is that they get a pat on the head from mgmt when they find a misload before their start time. Then they get an extra 10 stops and they get all whiney. I just laugh and get paid for my work. Every second.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
And here is my original post

Once again, it does not matter what you are filing on/for/against/up your are doing upon a union brother.

You are bringing scrutiny and possible discipline against a fellow union brother when there other avenues of approach. Ones which will yield results.

So once again, I reiterate my original post.

Why do it?

You are doing far more damage to your fellow union brothers and sisters by working for free, than by filing a grievance against UPS--repeat--UPS, for allowing this to happen. There is no reason to argue against those who feel that working for free is ok, and that only hurts the one working for free. If you don't comprehend the macro picture at work here, you never will.

But rest assured, working for free is on par with crossing picket lines, which I assume you feel should be up to the individual Teamster.

wayfair

swollen member
CUDOS overpaid.......that is one of the “UNSAID” problems with people working off the clock.....I’ve actually been in the office when one of these ‘BROTHERS” stated to the center manager, “No one runs this route like me....I don’t know why these guys can’t run NUMBERS when I’m on vacation...I guess I’m just a much better driver”....How’s THAT for subversion?........

"yeah, you time in your lunch while running these easy resi's, then you get the Bone us"

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Absolutely right Option 3...I have seen some of the best cover drivers get chewed out because of overallowed when all they did wrong was not skip lunch and come in 45 min early and reload the truck. It puts alot of undue pressure on them all because some old :censored2: wants to be remembered as an icon on their route.

wayfair

swollen member
Like I said, I don't work off the clock. But even if I did and got hurt what do you care? It would be my problem not yours.
It would bother me as you weren't well informed of the possibility of getting hurt while not on the clock.
I know what disability pays, 300 a week.. workers' comp is 850 something

consider that

If your family suffers from that ... I'll feel bad and will pray for ya. bs aside